ESG Reporting Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US $1 trillion in assets under management as of 30 June 2020, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Client Investment Services & Strategy, within the Investment Services & Technology Group has an open position for an ESG, "Environmental, Social, and Governance", Reporting Analyst based out of the Boston office supporting our ESG Client Reporting efforts. The Analyst will report to Adam Saidla who leads up our Client Reporting Solutions and Strategy Team.
Producing high quality, accurate, and timely reporting is one of the key aspects of providing superior service to our clients, prospects, and consultants. While not a pre-requisite to the role, the ESG Reporting Analyst is expected to develop a deep understanding of the material ESG reporting requirements as well develop expertise in E, S, & G reporting across all asset classes. The role will be closely aligned with Investment Products & Fund Strategies (IPFS) and serve as internal subject matter expert to Investment Services & Technology and our Global Relationship Group (GRG) broadly. This individual will also partner closely the RFP team to ensure that our reporting capabilities are properly reflected in new requests for business.
The ESG Reporting Analyst role is a new role at the firm; the responsibilities will include and are not limited to:
- Maintaining and producing standard and bespoke product-related ESG reports including writing ESG specific portfolio commentary and engagement stories and producing account level data
- Responding to internal inquiries regarding our ESG capabilities and answering ad-hoc client questions
- Partner with Investment Products & Fund Strategies (IPFS) and our Global Relationship Group (GRG) to understand the fundamentals of our approaches and the ESG specific reporting needs of our clients invested in those approaches
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert to the other roles within Investment Services & Technology
- Creating business requirements for new ESG reporting needs (globally)
- Work with our competitive intelligence team to evaluate our capabilities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Intellectually curious and self-motivated
- Someone who is passionate about both markets and sustainability issues
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving, and growing as an analyst
- S/he will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about the evolution of our ESG reporting capabilities
- Excellent quantitative and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- The individual must be an independent self-starter, a team player, and able to work on multiple assignments and complete high-quality work against strict and competing deadlines that are dictated by prospects, consultants, and clients
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential
- Strong academic credentials and/or professional experience in investment management or client reporting
- An MBA or CFA/CAIA, or progress toward these qualifications is a plus.
ESG Reporting Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .