Equity Portfolio Management, VP
SSgA's Active Quantitative Equity Team ("AQE") is responsible for the development and management of active quantitative equity strategies worldwide. We manage over $35bn in AUM, which span regional developed and emerging equities, in the benchmark-relative and absolute return space. The team has over 30 investment professionals based in London, Boston, Bangalore and Sydney.
Simon Roe, Co-Head of Portfolio Management, AQE Boston,
You will be part of the Active Quantitative Equity Investment team, with a senior role in the management of equity portfolios based on quantitative model inputs and investment guidelines. You will take the lead in managing specific strategies, analysing the performance, discussing performance with clients, creating awareness of the strategy both internally and externally, finding new ways to improve our process and our systems. The role is dynamic, often working to tight deadlines and is also intellectually stimulating and creative. AQE operates as one global team and you will be expected to work closely with colleagues all over the world.
- Lead PM for specific global equity strategies which includes in depth knowledge on current positioning, understanding how and why the portfolio has performed recently, understanding different trading techniques and finding ways to improve the process for your strategies.
- Meet with clients and prospects as necessary to discuss their portfolio, AQEs process, philosophy and current research projects.
- Help improve our process by working on specific research projects and/or leading technology transformation.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to advance AQEs strategies
- Provide actionable input to the Active Quantitative Equity team through forums such as summits and weekly meetings.
- Ensure close cooperation with support and oversight functions such as Trading, IT, Risk, Model Risk Management, Operations and Compliance.
- Operate in compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Masters degree in finance, computing, quantitative or a scientific discipline and/or CFA designation
- Preferred 10 years of experience in the financial industry
- Experienced in quantitative equity portfolio management, preferably having been a lead PM.
- Understanding of advanced financial theories, with knowledge of quantitative and statistical tools
- Strong computer skills in R, Tableau, Bloomberg/Reuters.
- Knowledge of Optimizer based equity risk systems (Axioma/BARRA)
- Deep knowledge of different trading techniques
- Creative and independent thinker with solid quantitative skills
- Team player, high energy, positive attitude, curiosity, willingness to challenge and attention to details are essential to succeed