Equity Trade Support Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
Equity Trade Support Analyst
The objective of the Equity Trade Support Analyst is to provide high quality service and support to the Equity Sales/Trading desks, as well as to internal Fidelity customers and FI business partners, and their clients.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- You have brokerage industry experience, preferably in trading or middle/back-office operations
- You must hold a Bachelor's Degree
- You hold the Series 7 and 63 Licenses (if not currently registered, such exams must be successfully passed within six months of hire)
The Purpose of Your Role
The Equity Trade Support Analyst provides a very broad range of support functions to various sales and trading desks within Fidelity Capital Markets. As such, and with advances in technology, the Analyst needs to have an aptitude for understanding complex (and changing) workflows. They need to judiciously apply their knowledge and experience to the problem or task at hand, while having an appreciation of the impact their decisions may have on other stakeholders (i.e. customers, colleagues, traders, etc.) The Analyst is empowered to be decisive and creative when it comes to solving business problems provided they are consistent with policies and procedures. As a result, their decisions can have a significant impact on customer satisfaction and overall (perceived) client service.
The Skills You Bring
- Your strong analytical and project management capabilities.
- Your ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Your strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Your detailed knowledge of custody operations: such as DVP/RVP flows.
- Your solid understanding of comparison, clearance and settlement for domestic equity and options.
- Your ability to manage trading risks and the escalation process effectively and timely
- Your ability to collaborate and gain consensus across multiple business partners
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel, including use of macros)
- Skills (must have good interpersonal skills, ability to process work accurately within established deadlines, customer focus, and be a team player.) required for the role.
The Value You Deliver
- Monitor and ensure timely and accurate allocations for equity trades, including blocks, electronic, SAM, and Program trades
- Resolve issues with unallocated trades, incorrect allocations, money differences, trades that are not settling, clearing, or comparing, problem with confirms and bad account instructions, and closed accounts.
- Timely and accurate resolution of all P&S trade breaks, DVP/RVP Fails, and step-outs.
- Establish and maintain contacts with clients, contra brokers, floor brokers, and other parties involved with trade execution, allocation, clearance, and settlement.
- Monitor error accounts, including assisting sales/traders with running, covering, and documenting errors, as well as providing timely reporting on all errors.
- Analysis of internal operations, seeking ways to improve work flows through automation.
- Minimizing operational, monetary, and reputational risk to the firm by creating and supporting a thoroughly procedurally-compliant environment.
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert on relevant projects as needed.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Product coverage includes Equity Block Sales/Trading, Program/Electronic Trading, SAM Trading, International Equity Trading, Prime Brokerage, Soft Dollars, and New Accounts. In support of the various desks and clients, the Equity Trade Support Analyst works closely with other middle office, back office, and technology personnel to achieve straight through processing while minimizing risk, exposure, and errors. The Equity Trade Support Analyst provides daily client service in a courteous and professional manner, thereby fostering long-lasting relationships with clients. When necessary, the Equity Trade Support Analyst should use product and system knowledge to influence other internal and external stakeholders such as technology, back office groups, compliance, legal, risk, finance, accounting, and vendors on behalf of Fidelity Capital Markets. They must adhere to and demonstrate the highest ethical standards at all times, and insure that their actions are consistent with defined policies and procedures.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.