- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Wellington Alternative Investments is responsible for the business and investment oversight of all hedge funds offered and sub advised by Wellington Management affiliates. By broadly supporting these business management and client service needs, we help ensure Wellington Management Company (WMC) continues to exceed the investment objectives and service expectations of our clients worldwide.
Our team thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and friendly environment. We currently support over 20 hedge fund approaches for over 1000 clients. To ensure our efforts are in line with the firm's overall mission of excellence, we work collaboratively with our hedge fund investors, prospects, and broad WMC functional disciplines - in particular, Hedge Fund Administration, Legal Services, Tax Services, Portfolio Management, and our Global Relationship Group. We value creative thinking and problem solving approaches to ensure our group offers exceptional results to both our internal and external clients.
Wellington Alternative Investments seeks an Executive Assistant to support its leadership and team. The ideal candidate is committed to the administrative role and has demonstrated the ability to support a team and represent executive-level leaders with high reliability, mature professionalism and utmost discretion in a logistically intensive, public-facing, and data-rich environment.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Extensive logistical coordination of internal and external meetings, committees and presentations
- Diligent coverage of telephone lines with gatekeeping expectations
- Managing communication with numerous internal and external constituencies
- Managing the department's invoice processing
- Coordinating domestic and international travel logistics
- Preparing documents and presentation materials in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proactive calendar management
- Handling daily mail, file and information systems, and expense reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive, can-do attitude; Flexibility; Sense of humor
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Prior experience in an administrative role supporting a team of people; investment management or professional services background will be viewed favorably
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Experience with MS Outlook for email, calendar management, and meeting coordination
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of reliability, diligence, professionalism and discretion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding service orientation and proactive problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization abilities
- Strong detail-orientation and ability to produce accurate, high-quality work under deadline while accommodating last-minute changes
- Standard work schedule is 8 am - 5 pm though flexibility and overtime may be necessitated by business circumstance.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .