Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1Trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise. We offer a flexible work environment and welcome candidates from all US geographies with an opportunity to work in any of our US offices.
This position will be a member of the FP&A team which delivers support to the CFO and other senior management related to financial performance. The role involves extensive interactions with a broad range of individuals spanning all global business functions, centered on financial management and planning. FP&A group members are heavily involved with project based work that help leaders understand and analyze strategic business initiatives.
Candidates should enjoy being part of a dynamic team that seeks to innovate, and constantly look for opportunities to increase the value of our interactions and deliverables to our clients. Characteristics of successful team members include: i) intellectual curiosity, ii) high degree of comfort with ambiguity, iii) ability to 'connect the dots', iv) strong communication skills, v) ability to 'shift lanes' and deliver while multitasking, and vi) flexibility to assume various roles working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Provide financial support for business functions including meeting with business managers, analyzing key expenses and completing variance analysis;
- Support production and delivery of recurring financial reporting packages/analysis for CFO/Leadership team;
- Completion of budget and quarterly forecasts for business functions and support of accompanying presentations;
- Creation of complex financial models to support strategic project work; provide additional support to business sponsors of projects, including implementation and ongoing measurement;
- Project work related to: i) development of data and reporting platforms, ii) initiative modeling and tracking, iii) statistical modeling related to what-if scenarios and predictive outcomes, and iv) other ad hoc efforts
- Strong academic credentials; intellectual curiosity
- 2+ years of work experience in finance/accounting roles or management consulting. Experience within a financial services organization, a plus;
- Strong analytical, communication skills; superior interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to: i) rapidly master new activities coupled with a strong focus on attention to detail, ii) learn new technology/applications, and iii) solve problems in a creative manner;
- Strong applications skills - Excel & PowerPoint; experience with Workday, Tableau, or Adaptive Technologies a plus
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .