Financial Reporting / Analysis / Planning, Officer
Who we are looking for
The Revenue Insights Center is responsible for the way State Street manages, reports, tracks and understands revenue. This includes forecasting, budgeting, allocating, modeling and analyzing, with a keen focus on data quality and accuracy. The Financial Analyst will report to the VP of the Revenue Insights Center, but also provide support to the GM/GX LFO and LFO Subs for the GM and GX businesses. The individual will also coordinate with the offshore support team, other insights centers and work directly with the GM/GX businesses to gather and interpret revenue driver data. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Financial Analyst, Officer you will
What we value
- Planning, forecasting and analysis of revenue results and projections for the GM and GX business units.
- Development and production of meaningful reports, metrics and analysis to facilitate in-depth understanding of results specifically supporting Product, Business and Customer revenues.
- Assist in the strategic plan, budget and forecasting processes including input and interfacing with finance and business managers.
- Participation in process improvement efforts to streamline current process, consolidation of metrics, and development of forecasts/plans.
- Perform special projects, including financial modeling, revenue analytics and data visualization.
- Research and review revenue drivers including data mining from various reports and organizing results to present to end users.
- Prepare scenario models to help management understand the impact of changes in the volume and price drivers on revenues and make risk/opportunity recommendations.
- Maintain database of revenue and revenue driver information to support various analytical tools
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to support management decision making, to include revenue and driver trends and variance analyses
- Allocate revenues to clients and businesses according to appropriate business rules, adjusting methodologies as needed periodically.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work confidently and build strong relationships.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to manage multiple priorities on a deadline basis.
- Focus on accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years of Finance experience
- Financial modeling
- Advanced MS Excel capabilities
- Hyperion Planning
- Spotfire or other Business Intelligence tool
- Salesforce 360
- Client service oriented