Fixed Income Credit Analyst, High Yield
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are currently seeking to hire a Fixed Income Credit Analyst to join our High Yield credit research team. Located in Boston, this individual will be responsible for covering several industries in the high yield market and for providing fundamental credit research on the bond and loan issuers within them. As an active member of the High Yield team, s/he will be fully integrated into the investment process and will be expected to provide investment recommendations that add value to client portfolios, as well as to help shape portfolio management decisions. In addition, high yield analysts regularly interact and collaborate with other investment professionals at the firm including other credit analysts, equity analysts who cover similar industries, portfolio managers, traders, and macro strategists. Specific coverage assignment will be determined as part of the interview process.
The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a quantitative orientation. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for research and for investing in fixed income;
- Ability to make investment decisions that are supported by rigorous analysis and communicated with strong conviction is required; experience analyzing securities across the capital structure would be additive;
- High level of initiative and experience developing and implementing value-added investment recommendations;
- Strong understanding of investment concepts, intellectual curiosity, a capacity for differentiated thinking and perspective, and a growth mindset;
- Minimum of three years of previous credit experience with primary responsibility for more than one industry in highly-leveraged credit markets;
- Strong analytical and communications skills, both written and oral;
- Comfort dealing with uncertainty and ability to take risk and try new things;
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a small, collaborative team, while also communicating and interacting with a larger group of investment professionals; and
- An MBA/MSF and CFA is preferred.
Fixed Income Credit Analyst, High Yield JOB FAMILY
Investment Management (IM) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .