Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, Emerging Markets Debt, Long/Short
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Wellington currently manages $525 billion in fixed income assets on behalf of our clients worldwide. Within our fixed income group, the Emerging Markets Debt (EMD) book of business is large, diverse and growing, and today totals $32.5 billion. To ensure we continue to exceed our clients' investment expectations, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Portfolio Manager to join our EMD portfolio management team to be based in Boston or London. Specifically, this individual will provide directional expertise and both long and short idea generation in a subset of portfolios across the book of business. The ideal candidate will be highly networked in policy circles (e.g., DC, Brussels, the IMF), have a strong understanding of central bank policies around the globe, and be able to work collaboratively with team analysts to dig deeply into high-risk countries. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and track record - The Portfolio Manager will have deep global macroeconomic expertise, a policy-driven mindset, and a demonstrated track record of expressing macro-oriented views in the market that translate into positive alpha in portfolios. The ideal candidate must exhibit a fundamental, research oriented, bottom up approach, supported by a strong investment philosophy and process. Furthermore, the Portfolio Manager will be able to implement those ideas through a highly analytical and detailed approach.
- Superior collaboration skills - The successful candidate will enjoy being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team and embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. The Portfolio Manager will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues. The ability to take risk and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; the Portfolio Manager must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented opinions clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an investor is required. The successful candidate will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the next generation of the investment industry and evolution of emerging markets.
Additional qualifications and characteristics include:
- A minimum of seven years of emerging markets debt portfolio management experience with an attributable hedge fund or long/short track record;
- Strong investment philosophy and process supported by rigorous analysis;
- A track record as a risk taker that demonstrates clear investment skill;
- Comfort taking risks within a strong risk management framework;
- Ability to effectively communicate complex investment ideas and strategies to both internal peers and external clients;
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility in thinking;
- Humility and ability to thrive in a highly collaborative global team with a strong desire to learn from and with other investors;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Fiduciary and client oriented mindset; and
- Excellent academic credentials; an MBA/CFA or advanced degree will be viewed favorably.
Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, Emerging Markets Debt, Long/Short JOB FAMILY
Investment Management (IM) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .