Fixed Income Portfolio Strategist
Job Description: Fixed Income Portfolio Strategist - LDI Primary Responsibilities In this role, you will:
- Drive the growth and positioning of the firm's LDI investment capabilities in the marketplace. This will involve partnering with investment teams and other portfolio strategists to understand our investment products and capabilities and with the distribution team to deliver our message to market.
- Represent the firm and our capabilities in external client, consultant and public interactions.
- Drive and facilitate thought leadership with a focus on areas of interest relevant to US Defined Benefit Plans following or considering an LDI approach to investment.
- Maintain current knowledge of factors impacting investors following LDI programs including regulatory, actuarial and accounting developments, contribution practices, end state strategies, etc.
- Conduct analyses of plan asset allocations based on LDI objectives working in collaboration with asset class experts across the firm. Make recommendations that can enhance client outcomes.
- Ensure consistency of messaging and integrity of market-facing investment communications and marketing material, such white papers, commentary, pitch books and RFP responses.
- Provide product education and support both for the sales force as well more broadly across the organization.
- Develop close working relationships with portfolio strategist teams and client/consultant facing teams to thoroughly understand client needs and trends.
This role requires a strong background in developing solutions for Corporate Defined Benefit Plans and demonstrated competence across fixed income investments. Practical experience as in an actuarial capacity and/or in DB plan consulting experience, including analysis, is desired. You should be able to frame issues, identify important points and draw conclusions. You should have strong presentation and communication skills and high intellectual curiosity.
Additionally, the role requires
- Strong collaborative skills. Ability to work effectively among peers and across the organization, with a high level of integrity and grace under pressure.
- A problem-solving, strategic mindset.
- Excellent judgment, and willingness to ask good questions and raise issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability get things done.
- Hands on orientation, with the willingness to perform detailed tasks.
This position requires a strong foundation, and demonstrated interest, in fixed income investing. You will have related (10+ years) investment experience in investment management, preferably gained in an investment-related capacity such as product management, portfolio management or investment consulting. A post-graduate or professional qualification (e.g. MBA or CFA) is preferred, though not required.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses what we value. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/ Vet/ Disability.