Fixed Income Research Associate, Emerging Markets Debt
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are seeking a Fixed Income Research Associate (RA) for our Emerging Market Debt (EMD) team. The Research Associate will be based in either Boston or London and will support the broad research needs of the Emerging Market Debt team's sovereign research effort. In this role, the Research Associate will work with the team's sovereign analysts to gather, model, and analyze economic and financial data and indicators that enable the analyst to draw investment conclusions and make recommendations. Although not his or her primary task, the Research Associate may also work with the team's portfolio managers. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Analytical acumen and passion for markets -The ideal candidate will have strong analytical capabilities, including statistical and econometric technical skills, a passion for investments, and an eagerness to apply these skills to economic and investment analysis of emerging markets. The RA will be passionate about emerging markets and the broader global economy.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills - The Research Associate will be a self-directed, hard-working team player, who contributes to the research efforts of the EMD Sovereign Analysts. The successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment and will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues across the Emerging Markets platform. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) and contribute to an open investment dialogue is required.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving, and growing as a Research Associate is important. The RA will have a global perspective and creative approach for analyzing investment opportunities in Emerging Markets.
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Gather, manipulate, and analyze data to be used in country analysis and special projects;
- Expand and automate research databases;
- Monitor and communicate news on economic and political developments in relevant countries; and
- Work towards independent country analysis by shadowing analysts across the various parts of the investment process (macro forecasting, political analysis, valuation and recommendations).
Additional qualifications and individual characteristics include:
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in an economic-related area;
- Strong academic track record, with preference for a bachelor's and/or master's degree in economics with strong background in a mathematical field;
- Demonstrated analytical capability, econometric modeling base knowledge, and programming skills (e.g., EViews, Python, MATLAB);
- Effective communications skills, both written and oral;
- Proven organizational and time management skills, as well as ability to work under pressure; and
- Strict attention to detail and strong work ethic.
Fixed Income Research Associate, Emerging Markets Debt JOB FAMILY
Investment Management (IM) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .