Fixed Income Sovereign Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description Basic Purpose :
As part of emerging markets research effort, works with portfolio management team in analyzing sovereign credit worthiness, external bond valuations, local currency and bond markets, conducting macroeconomic analysis, and maintaining and developing valuation and economic models and reports. Also helps maintain and enhances exposure and risk reports Principal Responsibilities :
- Monitor and analyze factors affecting external sovereign bond movements, including economic, financial, political and technical developments as well as factors affecting local markets.
- Maintain and develop analytic models pertaining to creditworthiness and bond valuations and local markets.
- Collect data and information for use in presentations, models, and analysis.
- Assume additional projects and responsibilities as required.
- Preferably a Masters or Ph.D. in economics and at least 5 years of related work experience in sovereign analysis.
- Must have strong skills and experience with macroeconomics and country-level fundamental analysis.
- Extensive knowledge in Excel, Haver, and Bloomberg.
- Experience working in a diverse and collaborative team environment;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Foreign language proficiency desirable.
Click here If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."