- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Mosaic Research and Collaboration team is responsible for providing solutions that further investment dialog. As a global firm, investment professionals from all geographies collaborate on investment ideas and decisions, and this research and dialog must be readily discovered and delivered to interested investors.
This role is part of the IT team that supports research and collaboration for investors. The current state of the applications includes the development of a new platform for producing, consuming and collaborating on investment content, as well as support for highly customized homegrown solutions and vendor products.
This individual will report to the Manager for Mosaic Research and Collaboration. In this role, the individual will participate in all development activities to successfully deploy new systems and enhancements and work with colleagues and end users to design, develop and implement solutions to meet business requirements.
- Leading the delivery of high-quality business solutions, including participating in architecture, design, implementation, deployment and support
- Work with business team, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications across the full stack - services, web and mobile clients, infrastructure and back-end
- Coordinate with analyst teams and vendors to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance
- Author technical design and support documentation
- Familiarity with developing web applications using HTML5, CSS and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React
- Intermediate level expertise with SQL preferred
- Experience with, and a demonstrated understanding of, modern software development and testing methodologies such as Artifactory, GIT, and Jenkins CI
- Experience developing application with cloud technologies such as AWS desired
- Ability to understand legacy in-house applications and highly complex and interrelated systems and processing
- Experience with various software development methodologies, such as Agile
- Hold an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related subject, with good mathematical acumen
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Be willing and able to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .