Full Stack Software Engineer
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Acadian Asset
- 11 Dec 18
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to help us design and build Acadian’s advanced browser-based, interactive, analytical platform that helps us better understand, explain, and improve our quantitative investment process. This is a hands-on, full-stack development role that provides growth and learning opportunities. The Software Engineer will utilize and hone a variety of technical skills while gaining and applying quantitative investment knowledge. Our small team is embedded within the investment group, providing the opportunity to see your work in action. Join us to leverage your software development skills and work with world class technology and investment experts.
- Design, build, test, and support multi-tiered distributed, clustered, web-based applications and platforms
- Engineer, design, and build scalable, interactive, responsive, informative, and beautiful data visualization and exploration tools
- Team up with quantitative portfolio managers and researchers to develop and execute process improvement initiatives through software development
- Experience programming using a server-side scripting language such as Python (Node, Ruby, Julia, etc.)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and technical work experience
- Hands on experience running http server such as Apache / NGINX
- Prior investment/financial industry knowledge is not required
Other technologies we use:
- SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Numpy, Scipy, Pandas
- D3, AngularJS, Node
- Docker, Slurm, ZeroMQ, AWS
To apply for this position, please visit the Careers section of our website at https://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/job-opportunities?postid=_O73hMPGD5U. We will contact only selected candidates.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.