Full stack web developer
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
As a developer, participates in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes development, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of the applications developed. These applications include customer-facing websites and company/departmental intranet sites. As a team member working in an Agile/Scrum environment, collaborates with architects and other team members on functional & technical requirements to build working applications.
- Collaborates with Agile team to deliver projects through to completion.
- Works with product owner, scrum master and business analysts to understand and evaluate business activities.
- Develops, tests, and implements internet and intranet applications using enterprise approved technologies, ensuring high performance and security when released to production.
- Assists with story creation and sizing for projects. Uses collaboration tools to manage user stories, business & technical requirements, and supporting documentation.
- Keeps technical skills current and is well-versed in several areas of technology.
- Assists in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems. Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- B.S in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1+ years software development experience
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with Java development Solid knowledge of Java/J2EE technologies & frameworks.
- Experience working with Web Services and RESTful APIs. Familiarity with JBoss a plus.
- Experience and/or education in relevant technology areas such as Software Development Principles (Design Patterns and Data Structures), Data Management, Azure or AWS, CI/CD, Data Science, DevOps/DevSecOps.
- Experience developing on a CMS Platform, preferably Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Working knowledge of relational database systems and SQL Experience with JSP, Servlets, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Angular and AJAX a plus
- Ability to write high quality code & well-tested code in an Agile development environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarity with continuous integration, unit & automated test execution and build tools such as Jenkins & Maven
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) & analytical skills; must be team-oriented and deadline-driven
- Knowledge of financial services preferred
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."