Fund Financial Reporting Analyst
- Not Specified
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 01 Feb 18 2018-02-01
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
Eaton Vance seeks a Fund Financial Reporting Analyst for its Financial Reporting Group within Alternative Investments, Fund Administration. The Financial Reporting Group is primarily responsible for the management and oversight of various financial and regulatory processes for private exchange funds, investment partnerships and certain regulated investment companies as well as for certain other functions and special projects. This position reports to a Financial Reporting Manager and requires a candidate with strong financial reporting skills, an understanding of GAAP and experience in the investment management industry.
- Financial and Regulatory Reporting:
- Analyze fund/portfolio activities and transactions to determine appropriate financial statement disclosures in accordance with relevant technical guidance. Prepare related financial statement disclosures and propose to management.
- Perform detail reviews of financial statements and of information accompanying the financial statements including shareholder letters, total return calculations and other information.
- Analyze, evaluate and incorporate financial statement comments provided by other participating parties for appropriateness and consistency.
- Review shareholder reports for style, consistency and accuracy.
- Prepare and/or perform detail reviews of various SEC filings including N-SARs, N-CSRs and N-Qs.
- Prepare and/or review supporting documentation for the shareholder reports and of other financial reports such as private placement offering documents, internal reporting and other ad hoc requests.
- Identify and research issues during the review process and collaborate with team leaders as needed to propose a resolution.
- Ensure adherence to production schedules and the timely delivery of reports to shareholders.
- Act as liaison with other departments including Legal, Editorial Services, Performance & Analytics and Portfolio Management in coordinating the receipt of information to be included in SEC filings and shareholder reports.
- Continually monitor SEC and GAAP pronouncements and other regulatory matters to ensure proper financial reporting disclosures and other matters are appropriately addressed.
- Prepare and/or review supporting documentation of various other reporting processes.
- Contribute to team environment and provide insight and recommendations on improving processes and resolving issues.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other internal departments as well as outside service professionals such as the auditors and custodian.
- Other responsibilities and special projects, as necessary.
- BS in Accounting or BS degree with an Accounting concentration. Public accounting experience and/or CPA a plus.
- 3-5 years of relevant audit or financial reporting experience within the financial services industry preferred.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including, Sum If, V-Lookups, pivot tables, VBA and macros preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills and strong aptitude for detail.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated individual, with an excellent work ethic and strong-ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership for responsibilities.
- Ability to contribute to a team environment and be adaptable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the “Company”).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110