Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Global Strategic Relationship Group (GSRG) is responsible for working with key clients and prospects around the world to develop broader and deeper relationships with Wellington Management. Through partnering closely with Global Relationship Group (GRG) teams, senior leadership, and functional groups across the firm, GSRG seeks to deliver on our value proposition of bringing "the whole firm" to bear on behalf of strategic relationships globally.
We are currently recruiting for a Boston-based Specialist position working on the Global Strategic Relationship Group (GSRG). The primary responsibility for this position will be to work closely with the GRG teams located outside of the United States to support and service existing client relationships and help progress new business efforts across a number of market channels. A high degree of flexibility, the ability to generate creative solutions to complex problems, and global mindset are essential.
Drawing broadly on the resources and expertise of the various functional groups across the firm, the GSRG Specialist will coordinate workflow from the non-Boston-based GRG teams related to investment and other business meetings taking place in Boston. This role will require regular interaction with local GRG teams as well as effective coordination across functions and all seniority levels. The individual will develop a good understanding of the different business, investment, and cultural issues related to our global business, and importantly, earn the trust of both local and global GRG teams in order to be an effective resource in Boston and provide comprehensive coordination and execution for meetings based in Boston. Lastly, the position may have some limited, but direct client responsibilities for the local teams.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to gain practical experience working on one of the firm's strategic initiatives also interacting with key relationships from all over the world. The position will report to Vicki Bacheller, GSRG Manager, in Boston.
- Developing an in-depth channel and regional focus to support GRG efforts to retain and develop new business
- Coordinating with GRG teams on all aspects of the client-onsite experience from hosting the meeting, to briefing and prepping investment and business teams, and ensuring all advance and follow-up tasks are completed to ensure a successful client experience.
- Leading client meetings as the GRG representative, drafting meeting notes, and clearly summarizing and articulating follow-ups/feedback and ensuring clear best practices are established and followed to ensure an effective meeting
- Advocating on behalf of local GRG teams, and raising awareness of any cultural context or nuance
- Developing a limited number of direct client responsibilities for local GRG teams (as best determined by local GRG management).
- Supporting GSRG global and local priorities, including escalating time-sensitive matters and communicating strategic relationship trends/themes globally
- Maintaining regular dialogue with GSRG counterparts in London and Hong Kong, including providing back-up coverage where and when appropriate
- Involvement in other strategic initiatives and priorities as well as firm-wide projects as relevant
This position may offer occasional opportunities to travel. Due to the international focus of the position, some flexibility with respect to working hours will be required.
QUALIFICATIONS Candidates should have relevant client relationship/prospect experience and possess a high degree of interest in investments and capital markets. Strong communication skills (oral and written), confidence presenting in front of clients and an analytical mindset will be required. The individual must be able to work independently to produce "client-ready" material in a fast-paced environment, where priorities change frequently and meeting deadlines is crucial. An industrious work ethic, collaborative style, and good business judgment are important. An international perspective and strong internal knowledge of the firm would be favorably considered. Key requirements include
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in asset management or relevant financial services capacity
- Commitment to excellence and high level of energy to help scale and enhance the firm's strategic relationship effort
- Effective team player and collaborator, able to work with people of all levels and build strong relationships across functions and geographies
- Comfortable working across multiple functions, geographies and stakeholders, with maturity and judgment in dealing with sophisticated external and internal clientele
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a global mindset
- Robust quantitative skills along with demonstrated analytical ability, including the ability to synthesize information and summarize issues
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic, including a high level of self-motivation, ability to work independently, and roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task, manage expectations, and prioritize
- Candidates who have or are interest in pursuing an advanced degree and/or a CFA Charter are preferred
GSRG Specialist LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .