Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The GSRG Specialist will work closely with GSRG Managers, GRG Managers and other internal resources to deepen
and broaden our engagement with strategic relationships globally. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing an in-depth channel and regional focus to support GRG efforts to retain and develop new business
- Coordinating with GRG teams on all aspects of the client-onsite experience from hosting the meeting, to briefing and prepping investment and business teams, and ensuring all advance and follow-up tasks are completed to ensure a successful client experience.
- Leading client meetings as the GRG representative, drafting meeting notes, and clearly summarizing and articulating follow-ups/feedback and ensuring clear best practices are established and followed to ensure an effective meeting
- Advocating on behalf of local GRG teams, and raising awareness of any cultural context or nuance
- Developing a limited number of direct client responsibilities for local GRG teams (as best determined by local GRG management).
- Supporting GSRG global and local priorities, including escalating time-sensitive matters and communicating strategic relationship trends/themes globally
- Maintaining regular dialogue with GSRG counterparts in London and Hong Kong, including providing back-up coverage where and when appropriate
- Involvement in other strategic initiatives and priorities as well as firm-wide projects as relevant
This position may offer occasional opportunities to travel. Due to the international focus of the position, some flexibility with respect to working hours will be required.
Candidates should have relevant client relationship/prospect experience and possess a high degree of interest in investments and capital markets. Strong communication skills (oral and written), confidence presenting in front of clients and an analytical mindset will be required. The individual must be able to work independently to produce "client-ready" material in a fast-paced environment, where priorities change frequently and meeting deadlines is crucial. An industrious work ethic, collaborative style, and good business judgment are important. An international perspective and strong internal knowledge of the firm would be favorably considered. Key requirements include:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in asset management or relevant financial services capacity
- Commitment to excellence and high level of energy to help scale and enhance the firm's strategic relationship effort
- Effective team player and collaborator, able to work with people of all levels and build strong relationships across functions and geographies
- Comfortable working across multiple functions, geographies and stakeholders, with maturity and judgment in dealing with sophisticated external and internal clientele
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a global mindset
- Robust quantitative skills along with demonstrated analytical ability, including the ability to synthesize information and summarize issues
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic, including a high level of self-motivation, ability to work independently, and roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task, manage expectations, and prioritize
- Candidates who have or are interest in pursuing an advanced degree and/or a CFA Charter are preferred.
GSRG Specialist LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .