Global Credit Finance Analyst, Officer
The Global Credit Finance team oversees a portfolio of 5 different credit products with an $85BN credit capacity. Its 120+ member team operates in the US and EMEA with offices in Boston, London, and Irvine, California.
Global Credit Finance's aim is twofold: to attract and retain clients of State Street through the use of the firm's balance sheet; and to add income and diversification to the company's portfolio of on and off-balance sheet investments. Our products include Fund Finance, Municipal Finance, Commercial Real Estate, Leveraged Loans, and Stable Value Wrap. POSITION OVERVIEW
The Global Credit Finance (GCF) Group is seeking a candidate for an Analyst position within its Stable Value Wrap Team. This position will focus both on the surveillance of fixed income portfolio analytics and stable value fund structure, as well as the support of institutional client relationships. Our clients are leading fixed income investment managers and interpreting data analytics as a tool to strengthen partnerships will be key to successful impact within the group.
We are seeking a consummate team player with a bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field and at least 2-3 years of experience in the financial services industry. The ideal candidate is flexible, seeks growth opportunity with fixed income and/or defined contribution, maintains excellent verbal and written communication skills, exhibits analytical problem-solving skill and, importantly, has the ability to engage and execute with internal and external stakeholders on various projects.
Strong technical skills a must. Experience with Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce and Bloomberg preferred. RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Provide analytical support for the Stable Value product, including security level fixed income analysis, redemption trend tracking among the funds and periodic stress testing for regulatory exercises
- Accurately prepare and review internal and external reporting for various client and management deliverables
- Present to senior staff on performance analytics, risk profiles and relative client metrics
- Support account managers and senior officers through efficient and proactive communication with clients
- Develop working knowledge and understanding of contract terms and negotiations
- Collaborate with internal business partners, including Risk Management, Finance and Accounting
- Understanding and implementing First Line of Defense model and Risk Excellence
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree, Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred
- Minimum of 2 years financial services experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, advanced knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint preferred
- A team player with a collaborative approach to achieving goals
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Ability to think critically, understand existing process and identify opportunities for improvement