Global Industry Analyst, Growth Financials
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are seeking an experienced equity analyst to join our Financials team within Global Industry Research (GIR). The Global Industry Analyst (GIA) will be responsible for conducting research and making recommendations on global financial stocks, including private investment firms, exchanges, and financial data/software companies, as well as providing expert perspective on the respective subsectors and trends. The ideal candidate will conduct fundamental research that leads to differentiated insights derived from asking innovative questions, anticipating trends, and identifying risks and potential disruptions in an evolving industry. Over time, we expect that this role may have portfolio management responsibilities for financials research portfolios, and other client solutions, including hedge funds. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and passion - The GIA will have a deep understanding of the global growth financials industries and companies (across sub-sectors including private investment firms, exchanges, and financial data/software companies). The ability to identify mispricing and valuation discrepancies, make investment recommendations, and communicate his/her findings to Portfolio Managers globally, who manage long-only and hedge fund portfolios on behalf of our clients, is required. In addition, the GIA will implement these recommendations directly through the management of research led portfolios. The ideal candidate will be passionate about markets with a demonstrated track record of successful stock recommendations. In addition, the GIA must exhibit a fundamental, research oriented, bottom up approach, supported by a strong investment philosophy and process and be able to implement ideas through an analytical framework.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills - The successful candidate will be energized by being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team and embracing the benefits of overlapping lines of company coverage and idea generation. The GIA will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues and externally with company management teams. The ability to take risk and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; s/he must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented opinions clearly and with conviction, and contribute to an open investment dialogue, is important. Finally, comfort collaborating with investors across a wide range of impacted sectors will be necessary.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an investor is required. The GIA will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the next generation of the investment industry and evolution of the non-bank financials industry within it.
Additional qualifications and characteristics include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in an analytical role, preferably on the buy- or sell-side. Long/short experience in addition to long-only is preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of specific expertise in analyzing growth financials companies;
- Service orientation with a fiduciary and client-centric mindset;
- Ability to remain focused and appropriately allocate time to "what matters;"
- History of professional achievement;
- Highest personal and professional integrity and ethics; and
- Strong academic credentials; an MBA or CFA is strongly preferred.
Global Industry Analyst, Growth Financials LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .