Global Markets Technology Head of Foreign Exchange IT, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
Based in Boston, the role of the Global Markets Technology ("GMT") Head of Foreign Exchange IT role
is to lead the front to bank technology supporting State Street's very successful Foreign Exchange Sales and Trading ("FX STR") business. This includes the execution of a front to bank transformation of the current technology as well as working directly with the traders, sales teams, quants and operational teams to enhance and improve the platforms.
The team is based in London, Boston, Bangalore / Hyderabad, Hong Kong and Hangzhou and leverages agile software development methodologies. The front and middle office technology is developed in-house, with the back office platform provided by a vendor although with State Street taking a lead role in defining how the platform should work.
An important part of this role is the definition and maintenance of both an application and data architecture which is critical to supporting and growing the scale of the FX STR business which is already #1 in the Euromoney survey for Real Money and Client Service and in the top 10 of all FX businesses. Adoption of a common data model and bus, as well as reference data from authoritative sources is a focus area. The Head of FX IT will need to articulate the architectural vision of the program to senior managers and executives in Global Markets and IT. The individual in this role will manage teams globally in both direct and matrix structures. This role will be a member of the GM IT Leadership team and will be expected to contribute to the broader priorities of the team. What you will be responsible for
As Managing Director you will
What we value
- Oversee teams with a broad range of skills and specialisms, from low latency processing within eFX through to automed, workflow driven processing within the back office
- Focus on assuring the core functionality, services, and tools developed by the team meet the needs of the FX STR Organization globally, adhere to corporate architecture standards and objectives, and meet the financial and technical objectives of the FX STR business strategy
- Have deep understanding of technology and application development, preferably with 'hands-on' experience
- Have Experience of developing and mainaining an application and data architecture across a front to bank trading platform.
- Strong knowledge of data usage and end to end data management
- Experience with cross product / cross regional project integration and collaboration
- Strong vendor management oversight from engagement through implementation for new software / vendor solutions. Inclusive of multi-year management capability across FX
- Deep experience implementing post trade applications inhouse and vendor platforms (ASP and enterprise)
- Complete knowledge of the software development lifecycle for iterative, agile, and traditional approaches
- Strong background in release management and understanding of architectural schematics
- Willingness to support 24 x 7 global management oversight
- Experience with managing offshore and onshore teams
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful track record of delivering projects and programs using lightweight or agile approaches
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to successfully influence in a complex organizational and politicial environment
- Credible business advisor that is able to build consensus
Why this role is important to us
- 10+ years experience in financial services, preferably: capital markets and foreign exchange, derivatives, equities and/or securities lending
- 8+ years practical FX Industry and trading experience, strong understanding for global FX products and processes across the transaction lifecycle inclusive of global regulations
- 8+ years experience with overseeing large cross function implementations within FX product space
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers