Global Trading Sales/Officer
Global Markets, Sales and Trading Rotation, Officer Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/Global-Markets--Sales-and-Trading-Rotation--Officer_R-639997/apply Job Summary
State Street Global Markets Multi Asset Class Trading and Research is a global agency and principal trading group with main centers in Boston, London, Hong Kong and Sydney (as well as several other offices globally). We trade foreign exchange, equities and fixed income and provide macro strategy research to global investment manager and asset owners. The selected individual will rotate through the business functions and be placed on a team upon satisfactory completion of the rotation program, achievement of certain learning benchmarks, and acceptable evaluations by the senior groups management. While rotation is in Boston, incumbent will be willing to take an international placement. Primary Job Responsibilities: Responsibilities will shift as the incumbent rotates teams. Incumbent will: · obtain hands-on experience learning trading, sales, client services and research functions working alongside and assisting existing staff
· assist with projects that each team is managing. This will include preparing analyses, reporting, sales materials, data gathering, operational reviews, systems testing and other activities as assigned.
- develop core competencies and a skillset critical to each teams responsibilities such as trade pricing, trade entry, hedging, research preparation, client sales pitches and interaction, client onboarding, preparation and communication of market commentary.
- become proficient with various proprietary and vendor trading and investment systems
Skills to be Developed:
- Background/interest in Finance, Economics, financial markets or investments
- A desire to learn more about the global economy and macro economics driving investment activity
- Experience in Powerpoint and/or Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Creative thinker
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A strong knowledge of global economics and its impact on financial markets.
- A solid grounding in how foreign exchange and equity markets work in practice
- Demonstrate client service orientation and resolving client problems
- Organization and communication skills
- Develop an understanding of appropriate regulations surrounding the provision of financial services to clients
- Manage time effectively and to work under deadline pressure in a pressured environment.
- Problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Work both independently and collaboratively
- Develop analytical, written and verbal skills
Posted YesterdayFull timeR-639997
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .