HR Compliance - Affirmative Action Consultant
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
As a member of the HR Operations and Systems Team, the Affirmative Action Consultant will play an integral role in developing, implementing and monitoring enterprise-wide programs and initiatives related to the Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for MFS. You will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of compliance reporting, tracking and training programs, as well as using data-driven insight to make program recommendations and provide solutions to MFS leadership.
AAP is under the direction of the Human Resources department and oversees equal employment and anti-harassment policy and activities. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Affirmative Action Program (AAP), which includes completing the organization's affirmative action plans and developing metrics to determine our successful measurable outcomes in advancing our diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with all related regulations and develops appropriate affirmative action policy, documentation and related internal and external communication. Protects the confidentiality of all AAP related information.
- Identifies potential gaps in the affirmative action program and supports HR and department heads on effective handling of situations. Acts as a resource to the organization in diversity, affirmative action, and equal employment-related issues and opportunities.
- Targets education and training needs related to AAP and diversity and develops training programs for managers and supervisors to highlight positive action steps.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition, HR business partners, and hiring managers to ensure employment activities (i.e. recruiting, job interviews, promotions, and terminations) are compliant with all AAP compliance-related regulations.
- Maintains contact with federal and state government agencies and other vendors/organizations involved with AAP and/or diversity and all audit-related activities.
- Leads the data integrity and HRIS integration initiatives related to meeting the organization's AAP compliance obligations and diversity initiatives. Prepares statistical reports on affirmative action progress, and prepares reports required by governmental agencies. Recommends action steps in affirmative action based on statistical performance. Provides input to the HR Leadership Team on global diversity plans and goals.
- Coordinating across HR, oversees all anti-harassment policy, training and compliance activity. Ensures all supervisors understand their responsibilities for preventing unlawful harassment.
- Other tasks as required.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in human resources which includes experience in establishing and monitoring Affirmative Action programs in corporate settings. Demonstrated understanding of equal employment opportunity, and related fields.
- Expert knowledge of federal and state regulations related to AAP.
- Ability to handle and protect confidential information and understanding of professional structural and political nuances that impact members of protected classes.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Deep understanding of data analytics, expert user of MS Excel and the ability to create and interpret detailed reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to build relationships and persuade and influence leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to present effectively to groups of all sizes and conduct small group training. Ability to mediate equal employment opportunity and affirmative action concerns.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS :
- Advanced degree in related areas preferred with relevant coursework and significant experience in Affirmative Action, diversity and/or other related subject matters.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."