Head of Communications, Vice President
Be part of a collaborative team that is driving high impact advertising, brand marketing, and communications programs for State Street Global Advisors - the third largest asset manager and creator of the world's first ETFs.
Your work will be to help State Street Global Advisors - the asset management division of State Street - more effectively communicate to employees, clients and other key stakeholders, which will help drive employee engagement and positive business results.
You will be part of a marketing team whose work was the winner of 18 Cannes Lions (including four Grand Prix) for advertising creativity, a record five Grand Clios and the Financial Communications Society's Judges' Choice award two years in a row. Primary Responsibilities
Leading executive and internal communications across the firm will be your primary responsibility, including the development of strategy, messages and plans for companywide communications programs in support of business goals.
Working directly with the CEO to develop speeches and talking points for employee town halls, meetings and external events.
Providing counsel and support to senior leaders to better communicate the company's overall vision, strategy, and capabilities to wide variety of audiences.
Leading the communications planning, approach and execution for employee town halls and leadership meetings.
Developing, writing and editing presentations, talking points, blogs, Q&A's, social media posts and memos will be an important component of your daily work. In addition, you will be charged with developing new and creative ways to deliver messages through video.
Managing editorial oversight and distribution of all major internal company communications.
Coordinating and crafting effective internal and client communications related to portfolio manager, senior leader and business function changes.
Analyzing metrics on overall effectiveness of communications programs and developing recommendations for improvements will be a job responsibility as well. Required Skills or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience in internal, external or executive communications.
- Excellent writer with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Consistent track record of successfully developing and implementing strategic, tactical and operational communications plans.
- Ability to influence and counsel senior management.
- Experience leading communications in a highly matrixed, globally diverse organizational structure is a plus.
- Financial services experience is a plus.
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
About State Street Global Advisors
- Comfortable interacting with senior leaders.
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and balance competing goals, projects and personalities.
- Analytical thinker who takes initiative
For nearly four decades, State Street Global Advisors has been committed to helping our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve financial security. We partner with many of the world's largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process spanning both indexing and active disciplines. With trillions* in assets, our scale and global reach offer clients access to markets, geographies and asset classes, and allow us to deliver thoughtful insights and innovative solutions.
State Street Global Advisors is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.