Head of Private Wealth Management, State Street Global Advisors, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
The Head of SPDR Private Wealth Channel will be responsible for developing and leading our ETF business across the wire-house, regional broker-dealer and bank channels in the US.
This requires promoting the State Street Global Advisors and SPDR value proposition in the US, building our presence, visibility, identity and revenues within each sub-channel.
You will understand the dynamics and needs of the various sub-channels and Investment community and ensure that State Street Global Advisors reputation as a premier ETF manager in the marketplace is reinforced and improved.
You should be recognised as a reliable and trusted advisor and will champion the Americas ETF agenda within the firm and work in partnership with SPDR U.S. (and global) Functions:
• U.S. COO
• U.S. Marketing
• U.S. Product
• U.S. CMG
The person will influence internally by providing feedback and intelligence on market trends, competitor positioning and evolving client requirements enabling and cultivating strong relationships within and across the State Street Global Advisors organization. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Head of Private Wealth Management you will:
What we value
- Establish channel strategies for wire-house, private bank, and regional broker-dealers; establish, align and implement sales plans to maximize the distribution of SPDR ETFs across those segments and stress test plans to ensure feasible targets
- Actively and regularly monitor and adjust plans based on insights and market developments
- Collaborate with other channel heads and business leaders to ensure seamless coverage of clients
- Lead and develop strong productive working partnerships across all components of the SPDR ETF eco system including; Marketing, Capital Markets, Product, Infrastructure, and PR.
- Orchestrate a team selling process, applying expertise and resources across SPDR and State Street Global Advisors;
- Establish a clear sales funnel and related pipeline management to deliver against the plan
- Refine a tracking and reporting methodology, with metrics that enhance team effectiveness and permit simple partner reporting, including accurate and timely CRM use
- Operate within a budget, while maximizing time and resources
- Develop and strengthen relationships with C Suite decision makers at some of the leading Financial Services organizations across the US
- Attract, develop and retain required talent for execution of the sales plan, motivating the team to be recognized as the highest performing distribution team industry-wide;
- Manage individuals' careers and acting as mentor for their long-term growth.
- Engage in a thoughtful and insightful manner with media entities on matters pertaining to the ETF Industry and the position of Global SPDR in this industry and within the sales channels
- Span of control - Role will include the following direct reports: Home office team that covers wirehouses, regional broker-dealers and banks; divisional managers; and dotted line to internal sales desk management
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A deep knowledge of the dynamics that drive the ETF industry with an extensive network of relationships across the private wealth ecosystem.
- A demonstrated track record of leading a significant business P&L with successful delivery of bottom-line results across varied investment and market climates.
- Shown success in managing and leading a client-facing team to meet client requirements and internal goals. This includes setting sales strategy, defining product priorities, responding to divergences from target, handling sales effectiveness and overcoming hurdles to achieve sales excellence.
- Strong communication skills to advise senior management of the organization. This requires a level of executive presence and the knowledge and stature to deliver advice in a way that will be respected and incorporated by the Investment, Product Marketing and other functional area leaders.
- A strong background in developing and motivating employees, building teams and relationships and engendering a sense of results-orientation - working at times in a matrix environment. Personal and organizational accountability, loyalty, independence and fairness among colleagues and employees, particularly in a multi-cultural environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA and/or CFA charterholder preferred
- Minimum of 15 years experience, particularly with sales management experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Good influencer and have strong partnering skill - with clients and stakeholders.
- Commitment to excellence and can motivate, mentor and engage a high performing team
Travel of up to 50% of the time (depending upon location) may be required. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers