Head of U.S. Institutional - SPDR
Head of SPDR Institutional, US Corporate Title
Managing Director Reporting To:
Head of SPDR ETF Distribution - Americas Location:
Boston/NYC/Chicago Promoting a Culture of Excellence:
We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us. Our people are our greatest asset: highly skilled, engaged and productive teams are important to our success. We hire hardworking and diverse employees that are aligned with our dedication to help our clients, as well as the millions of people who depend on them to maintain financial security. We insist on, and reward, performance excellence.
We want to help you to build a fulfilling career, seeking to be the employer of choice by offering competitive compensation, development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills State Street Global Advisors
We are a global leader in providing investment management services to clients worldwide. With ~$2.8 trillion of assets under management, SSGA has the size, scale and global perspectives to provide insightful solutions to meet the requirements of our clients.
Please visit www.statestreet.com for further corporate reports and press releases Global SPDR ETF
As the industry pioneer of the global ETF market, SSGA launched the first US listed ETF in 1993 (SPDR S&P 500) and has remained on the forefront of responsible innovation, evidenced by the introduction of many ground-breaking products, including first-to-market launches with gold, international real estate, international fixed income, and sector ETFs. SSGA has almost $700 billion in global ETF assets. Purpose of Role:
The Head of SPDR Americas Institutional Sales is responsible for leading ETF sales activities to Institutions in the US markets including DB plans, Foundations, Endowments, Insurance Companies, Asset Managers, and Hedge Funds. Combined these clients represent $151B in AUM and $111M revenue and include many of the largest clients of SSGA and of State Street Bank, including:
- US Asset Owners: Foundations, Endowments, Pensions, Insurance and Sovereign Wealth Clients
- US Asset Managers: Hedge Funds, Traditional Asset Managers (Equity and Fixed Income)
- Insurance: Focused particularly on General Account sales
- Risk excellence: deliver risk excellence and support the business as a whole through internal and external relationship development
The role has 3 teams reporting into it, comprising seven FTEs (including open positions):
- US Asset Owner Sales (2 FTEs)
- US Asset Manager Sales (3 FTEs)
- US Insurance (2 FTEs)
Working both directly with clients and in partnership with State Street Global Advisors institutional sales teams, key responsibilities include:
- Sales management: establishing and implementing sales plans across the institutional sales team to maximize the distribution of SPDR ETFs among institutional clients, leveraging the expertise and resources within SPDR and SSGA, in particular Capital Markets
- Client coverage: personally own key institutional client relationships as a senior leader for the Global SPDR Business
- Client insight: provide insight on client needs and drive delivery on product development and marketing strategy to provide high quality solutions to key clients
- Team development: build a high performing team of qualified sales professionals to drive institutional sales
- Business leadership: act as a leader for the Americas and Global SPDR business, beyond just institutional sales
The role requires significant sales, relationship management, capital markets, trading and staff management experience. Regulatory requirements
This role requires FINRA Series 7, Series 63, and 24 licenses. Personal Profile:
- You have strong ethics and integrity with a strong risk radar and dedicated approach to resolve issues
- You are confident and credible to achieve consensus with both internal and external parties, with well-rounded communication skills to enable articulation of complex matters in straight-forward manner
- It is vital that you have a confirmed ability to form constructive relationships with senior management and be recognized as a partner and resource by all. As such you will have a demonstrable record of engaging with executive teams in shaping business strategies and of being seen as able to identify solutions in addition to potential issues.
- You have professional curiosity to identify and drive improvements and opportunities with a willingness to get into the detail and frame the solution and senior level presence to provide 'challenge' where appropriate
- You are a good influencer and have strong partnering skill - with clients and partners.
- You are have a commitment to excellence and can motivate, mentor and engage a high performing team
- You will possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- You have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and navigate complexity.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.