An elite Hedge Fund in Boston generates more revenue per head on their lean teams than almost any other firm in the industry. They have a rare opportunity to join their leadership team and manage the service desk in a hands-on capacity. In this role, you will lead the team, modernize processes/technologies, and handle the most complex, escalated tickets. You will work directly with the C-Suite and top stakeholders to deliver white glove support to this firm's highest priority users.
IT Help Desk Manager | Elite Hedge Fund | Boston, MA
One of the world's most elite Hedge Funds is known for generating more revenue per head on their lean teams than almost any other firm in the industry. They have a rare opportunity for an experienced Help Desk Manager to join the firm and manage a small team in a hands-on capacity. In this role, you will lead the Help Desk team, modernize existing processes and technologies, and act as an escalation point for this team's most critical tickets.
You will work directly with the C-Suite and top stakeholders to deliver white glove support to this firm's highest priority users. As you evolve the existing team's functions, you will define support strategies, and introduce new technologies to existing procedures for user enablement, SLAs, reporting, escalation, etc.
- Build out the Service Desk for a multi-billion dollar Hedge Fund by introducing new technologies and evolving support functions
- Interface directly with executives, researchers, and portfolio managers in tight-knit, collaborative environment
- Impact the organization in their most critical new role by identifying trends, performing root cause analysis, and leading a small team
- BS or equivalent degree
- 7+ years of help desk experience, at least 2 in a manager or lead role
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products including Active Directory, Office 365, SharePoint and Windows 10
- Hands-on experience with mobile device management (IOS) and BYOD
- Familiarity with Service Desk / request tracking software
- General knowledge of various technology platforms, cybersecurity and application development
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a good measure of ingenuity
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
Take advantage of:
- Industry leading compensation and benefits
- Work from home flexibility
- A close-knit culture, prioritizing work life balance, professional development, and collaboration across all levels of the business