Impact Measurement & Management Practice Leader
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Within the Investment Research platform, we are seeking an Impact Measurement and Management (IMM) Practice Leader to join our Sustainable Investment Research team reporting to our Director of Sustainable Investment. Based in Boston or London, the IMM Practice Leader will be responsible for partnering with our investment teams to deliver high quality impact measurement and management that informs the investment process and supports real world outcomes. The individual will demonstrate differentiated subject matter expertise and will be expected to partner with teams across the organization to design and deliver industry-leading impact measurement and management approaches across multiple asset classes. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Analytical acumen and passion - The IMM Practice Leader will have an analytical mindset for problem solving in a highly dynamic industry and be passionate about sustainable investing issues pertaining to Wellington and importantly, our clients. The ideal candidate will derive differentiated insights from asking innovative questions, analyzing and anticipating industry and regulatory trends, and identifying opportunities in an ever-evolving industry. The IMM Practice Leader will have an analytical mindset for problem solving in a highly dynamic industry and be passionate about sustainable investing issues pertaining to Wellington and importantly, our clients. The ideal candidate will derive differentiated insights from asking innovative questions, analyzing and anticipating industry and regulatory trends, and identifying opportunities in an ever-evolving industry.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills - The successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment. The Practice Leader will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues and external with industry and regulatory contacts. The ability to provide a point of view and challenge the status quo is critical, as is the desire to learn from others. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) is important.
- Growth mindset - As expectations and standards for sustainable investment are rapidly changing, the Practice Leader will exhibit flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving, and growing. The ideal candidate will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the evolution of sustainable investing.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Ensure best-in-class impact measurement and management practices across Wellington's growing sustainable investment platform by partnering with and educating our investment teams;
- Research new concepts in IMM and continuously advance Wellington's approach as the field evolves and deepens;
- Enhance and create impact portfolio-level measurement frameworks that inform the investment process, focusing on real-world outcomes;
- Expand Wellington's impact measurement capabilities via a combination of strategies, including internal research and engagement practices, academic or research-based partnerships, and the use of innovative data sources;
- Partner with investment teams to develop systems to evaluate and track the impact of holdings and portfolios;
- Share thought leadership on IMM in a variety settings through written research pieces, white papers, comments in investment meetings and presentations internally and externally;
- Collaborate with product management and marketing teams to showcase IMM practices in existing and new investment strategies and client-facing materials;
- Support the development of new impact investing products through research, impact strategy development, and advising portfolio management teams;
- Engage consultatively with clients on IMM practices and Wellington's approach; and
- Advance the fields of IMM and impact investing by contributing meaningfully to industry initiatives and partnerships.
Additional qualifications and individual characteristics include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated interest in the sustainable investment field, ideally through professional experience working with asset managers, and subject matter expertise related to impact investment and impact measurement across asset classes;
- Familiarity with the latest impact measurement and management approaches across public and private markets;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Ability to set priorities and execute multiple tasks concurrently;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Capacity for differentiated thinking and ability to problem solve effectively;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
- A pro-technology mindset and the ability to leverage technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency;
- Global perspective; and
- Strong academic credentials.
Impact Measurement & Management Practice Leader LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .