InfoSphere Developer, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The person in this role will have extensive technical, people and process skill sets that enable us to successfully deliver on Enterprise Data Governance Management(EDGM) initiative. The position requires a strong background in application architecture and development, a very good understanding of leading IT technologies in particular InfoSphere, RDBMS and Data Warehousing with strong experience in Information Analyzer (IA), InfoSphere Metadata Asset Manager (IMAM), and Information Governance Catalog (IGC). The person in this role will be hands-on, play a team lead role in the Tools and Technologies team within Data Center of Excellence (COE) which is the IT execution arm of (EDGM) and candidate should have strong ownership mindset. Ideal candidate skillset experience has to include Data Warehousing ETL Development using IBM InfoSphere, DataStage, Autosys, Database Modeling/Designing & Development in Oracle & Scripting languages like UNIX, shell, Perl, etc. This position is based out of Boston, MA. What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in professional software development and IT Services
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Financial Services Industry is required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IBM InfoSphere including IA, IMAM and IGC
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IBM InfoSphere DataStage version 11.3 or above
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in writing complicated SQLs, analyzing query performance, query tuning, database indexes/partitions, stored procedure development, data modeling on Oracle, Analyzing AWR reports and identify root case of the performance issue
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in writing Unix/Linux scripts
- Familiarity with industry standard version control tools like IBM ClearCase
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in requirements analysis and system design
- Familiarity with Data Governance activities including Data Rules, Data Profiling reports, and Data Rule Definitions
- Understand the business priorities and requirements, architect/develop solutions to meet the business need and lead execution
- Proactively manage system uptime and incident resolutions including vendor
- Bachelor's Degree level qualification in a computer or IT related subject is required
Why this role is important to us
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both written and orally
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative, and self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task, meet aggressive timelines and have strong work ethics
- Experience of working in a financial industry and regulatory initiatives
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Any experience with ESP, State Street cloud and cloud based deployments is plus
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers