Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Multi-Manager Investment Program Hedge Fund Intern Job Location US-MA-Boston Posted Date 6 days ago(2/4/2020 4:51 PM) ID 2020-5446 # of Openings 1
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
CIBC works to help you make your ambitions a reality with a team that is committed to being always professional, genuinely caring and collaborates to find simple solutions as we build our relationship-focused bank for the modern world.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all of our team members can excel.
Responsibilities Internship Summary:
- CIBC Private Wealth Management has built a legacy of trust since the early 1920s by serving as a trusted advisor for wealthy individuals and their families, as well as foundations and endowments. CIBC currently manages approximately $60 billion in assets across 17 locations nationwide.
- The investment team is seeking an intern for the Hedge Fund group within our Multi-Manager Investment Program (MMIP). This position will work closely with the group’s Portfolio Managers and Analysts in coverage for the internal hedge fund of funds as well as the broader hedge fund platform with $1 billion in assets.
- The hedge fund team’s workflow is highly data driven. The intern’s main role will be to assist in streamlining the team’s data collection, analysis, and reporting. In addition, depending on experience, the intern may also have the opportunity help enhance the team’s primary market and strategy research efforts through opportunistic investment research projects.
- The intern will have the opportunity to gain experience across global asset classes working with an entrepreneurial team.
Intern will assist in:
- Streamlining data collection and organization within proprietary hedge fund database
- Upgrading investment analytics technology platform
- Reporting of hedge fund and customized portfolio performance
- Performing broader investment analysis across various assets classes and strategies
- Performing manager due diligence
- Undergraduate major in finance, economics, math, computer science, or engineering
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of computer programming preferred (VBA, Python)
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and time-sensitive deliverables with a high degree of quality and accuracy. Strong organizational skills, work ethic, team-approach, and detail-orientation required.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg preferred
- Good communication skills (written / verbal)
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS