Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Wellington has been investing in private markets since 2003, and the Firm launched its first dedicated private equity fund in 2014. Today, we manage approximately $5 billion in assets across four private equity funds and co-investment program launched in 2017. As part of the continued expansion of our alternatives capabilities, we are seeking to recruit an Investment Specialist to join our Private Investments Team, which is responsible for oversight of certain Wellington-managed vehicles that pursue private investment strategies. The Private Investment team is responsible for overseeing fund governance, product development, marketing, operations and servicing investors, as well as driving growth in our privates business.
The Private Equity Investment Analyst position is a multi-faceted role supporting the business management, investment oversight, and client service needs of private investment products. The person who fills this position will work on a wide range of business and investment-related activities including product management, risk analytics, client service, client reporting, marketing, working with outside vendors, and inter-departmental projects.
This role requires strong analytical skills, including a deep understanding of global financial and private markets, investment risk analysis techniques, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. There will be considerable contact with clients, prospects, and colleagues within Wellington Management; in particular, Private Investment Deal Teams, the Client Group, Fund Services, Legal Services, and Tax Services. RESPONSIBILITIES
The Private Equity Investment Analyst's primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborate with senior members of the Private Investment team to perform analytical work supporting the management and oversight of the private equity products (performance/IRR, risk, and portfolio analysis, etc.).
- Provide regular investment risk oversight for a set of private equity funds; prepare and review fund documents, including portfolio characteristics, RFPs and marketing materials to be shared externally with clients and prospects.
- Supporting Investment Directors and Business Developers in sales and relationship management activities, including fundraising, responding to ongoing investor requests, assisting with preparation of Annual Meeting materials and quarterly investor letters.
- Creating innovative and insightful presentation content for current and prospective investors to be shared with clients, senior management, Investment Directors, and others within Wellington Management.
- Participate in meetings with clients, prospects, and consultants to communicate our investment philosophy, strategy, portfolio companies, and performance.
The successful candidate for this position will have strong academic credentials, client relationship skills, demonstrated analytical and writing skills, effective communication skills, a high level of attention to detail, and is likely to have at least 5+ years of experience in a related position. An understanding of asset management, private markets and a solid knowledge of statistics will also be important. Prior experience in a related position, advanced academic work (MBA, MS, etc.) and/or CFA are preferred.
While the Investment Analyst will work in a team-oriented environment, many projects will be self-directed, often under intense deadline pressures. Other critical skills include the ability to display sound judgment, juggle multiple priorities, take ownership for work, and resourcefulness. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Investment Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .