Investor Services Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Client Service Management (CSM) contributes to Wellington Management's mission by delivering first class client service to both institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors. Global Investor Services, a team within CSM, is responsible for managing service delivery for small and mid-sized clients, driving resolution of client service matters, responding to client inquiries and meeting with clients to discuss operational and servicing related activities. These clients represent endowment, foundation, family office, corporate, and public funds relationships invested primarily in commingled pools maintained by our affiliates, Wellington Managed Funds - US, Wellington Managed Funds - Global, and Wellington Alternative Investments.
The Investor Services Manager (ISM) within Global Investor Services is responsible for managing overall service delivery to clients and investment consultants, leveraging and coordinating with other line functions within the firm as appropriate. The ISM will partner with the Global Consultant Relations team and will work in close partnership with Consultant Relations Managers on developing and managing our relationships with the consultant community with particular focus on operational service matters.
The ISM's responsibility begins with the management of the onboarding process for new clients and extends throughout the lifecycle of the client relationship. The oversight and coordination responsibilities of the ISM will include but are not limited to: account opening/closing, IMA/guideline negotiation, benchmark identification, client reporting requirements, RFP/RFI coordination, transition management, coordination of cash flow processing, assisting with error investigations and direct client/consultant interactions on servicing items. To accomplish these responsibilities, the ISM is expected to work closely with other internal functions - Global Relationship Group, Portfolio Management, Product Management, Portfolio Services, Investment Services, Trading, Legal and Compliance, Fund Services, and other areas within our Client Services Group (CSG) - to ensure the client's and consultant's requirements are being met. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop a strong understanding of investment consultant and clients' servicing requirements, monitor and proactively manage service delivery;
- Serve as a trusted partner and advisor to the business, working collaboratively with Consultant Relations Managers and Relationship Managers to ensure a positive client and consultant experience;
- Work closely with Investor Services Analyst/Associates, providing direction on client-related and other matters; proactively seek to involve ISA's in client-related workflows; generally, contribute to the professional development of ISA's and other support staff;
- Contribute to the management of the business from a servicing point of view, by participating in projects, committees, and informal groups, and initiating consideration of specific issues that need addressing;
- At times, lead the client onboarding process in collaboration with the Client Transitions team, including coordination of the IMA review (as needed), guidelines, fee set-up, and other onboarding documentation;
- Prepare for and lead client/consultant meetings;
- Coordinate and communicate portfolio updates to clients and their agents;
- Partner with other functional areas to address client issues, concerns, and opportunities
The ISM will have a minimum 10 years of experience in the investment management industry, in the areas of consultant relations, client service, business strategy/management, or operational experience. They must have strong relationship building and collaboration skills, as well as depth of expertise with complex investment related issues, capital markets, and the curiosity to continue to learn. Sound business judgement and the ability to synthesize complex issues and effectively balance competing objectives and risks, and the ability to think creatively to solve business problems for clients is critical. Strong communication and presentation skills are required. In addition, project management skills, influencing, team-orientation, consensus building, and strong quantitative, written and verbal communication skills are required. A college degree is required, CFA/MBA preferred. JOB TITLE
Investor Services Manager JOB FAMILY
Client Service LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .