Junior Portfolio Manager
Junior Fixed Income Portfolio Manager - Fixed Income Beta Solutions ( Boston )
We are looking for a new team member to join the Fixed Income Beta Solutions Investment Team within State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) in Boston. You will join a dynamic, successful, collaborative team of investment professionals, managing SSGA's index fixed income portfolios, bringing market-leading solutions to our clients.
The Global Fixed Income team comprises a team of over 100 investment professionals in eight global locations. The Fixed Income Beta Solutions Team manages $367 billion in fixed income ETFs, mutual funds and mandates (as of March 31, 2019) across a broad spectrum of products on behalf of a wide range of clients.
State Street Global Advisors is one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers is the investment management arm of State Street Bank and Trust Company a wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors.
We employ a diverse group of investment professionals within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world both as a partner and a leader is a fundamental value at State Street. What we need you to do
Who you are:
- Work with our portfolio managers who manage our suite of Fixed Income ETFs.
- Generate creation/redemption baskets on a daily basis for the SPDR Fixed Income ETFs.
- Collaborate with internal and external IT development partners to enhance/streamline the ETF basketing processes.
- Help rethink and digitize the way we do things, working closely with the ETF Capital Markets and Product teams.
- Manage risk effectively from a multitude of angles. Understand how important the effective management of risk is, and work closely with colleagues in investment and operational risk to improve the quality of portfolio management we can offer to our clients.
- Maintain the highest possible fiduciary standards.
Skill sets needed:
- Passionate about ETFs, Index investing and Fixed Income.
- Numerate and comfortable working quantitatively.
- An organized, positive, self-starter, who wants to be part of a successful, diverse team.
- Passionate about using technology to improve and innovate the way things are done.
- Committed to investment excellence, with strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to initiate and manage projects, problem solve and multi-task
- Ability to perform at a high-level in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced IT skills (Microsoft: Access, Excel, Visual Basic; Bloomberg; Python)
- 2-4 years financial industry experience
- Graduate degree and/or CFA Charterholder/Candidate is highly preferred