Lead Cloud Application Development Engineer
Design, deliver and operate high quality, resilient, scalable cloud applications and technical frameworks that meet our business needs reliably, securely, efficiently with auditable controls. Act as a lead to empower Capability Domain Owners (CDOs) to leverage cloud through known-good design patterns, automation, and technical assistance. Responsibilities
Lead the engineering, deployment and implementation of the CTI AWS application and data platform for developing data systems, applications and analytics in partnership with the Ameriprise Cloud Transformation team. Build and develop a highly effective technical organization with the required skills and structure to meet current and future business needs. Drive quality, efficiency, and energy through effective hiring, mentoring, career planning, talent management, and employee engagement initiatives.
Drive said strategies by providing vision, leadership, and innovation to application development teams.
Engage with business partners to address business and customer needs through technology, as appropriate. Employ business and technology acumen to translate technical details into business terms and vice versa, assuring mutual.
Be a change agent. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry advances and developments to be incorporated into and improve the application development life cycle, technology function, and business capabilities. Institutionalize software development life cycle (SDLC)and quality practices to drive efficiency and standards within the organization. Champion and contribute to continuous improvement best practices through rigorous gap analysis and solution ideation and implementation to increase effectiveness of the development organization.
Provide oversight of application development activities, ensuring schedule, scope, cost, and system performance targets/goals are met. Act as a single technology point of contact for business partners. Escalate, address, and communicate issues, as appropriate, with technology and business leaders to achieve timely resolution. Address and communicate impact of production incidents to ensure root cause is determined and permanent solutions are documented and implemented.
Understanding and agreement of technology objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies. Foster strong working relationships across the organization and within technology.
Develop and drive a global resource modeling strategy to effectively balance the use of employees, contractors, and vendor partners to maximize efficiency, technical capability, cost, and quality of the organization and its technical assets. Address talent challenges by modifying said strategy as needed. Proactively collaborate with procurement to execute and analyze resource strategy. Partner with vendors to drive quality and contract compliance while participating in the negotiation process as needed. Required Qualifications
Demonstrated superior ability to deliver technical solutions of increasing scope, complexity, visibility and criticality on time and within budget through both vendor (on- and off-shore) and employee resources.
Proven success in ideating an implementing innovative solutions to optimize service, support and operational efficiency/effectiveness: thought leader and innovator in using technology to move the business forward.
Highly effective communication skills that includes the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
6-8+ years of people leadership experience, including success in leading technical teams and executing technical projects in a quality management framework.
5+ years of proven experience and success in short- and long-term strategy planning and execution.
3-5+ years of experience in astutely managing the financial planning and budgeting process. Preferred Qualifications
• 5+ years experience in major cloud-based solutions (e.g., AWS, Azure).
• 5+ years experience and well versed in DevOps and DevSecOps principles.
• Driving multiple cloud projects and priorities.
• Experience developing and operating enterprise applications at scale.
• Experience with cloud data lake/ warehouse solutions. (e.g. AWS Redshift, Snowflake etc.,)
• Experience supporting cloud-based data science tools (e.g., AWS Sagemaker, Jupyter notebooks etc.,) and applications of machine learning.
• Agile software delivery process & Tools (JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
• Domain based design / micro-services development on cloud computing platform like AWS.
• Real-live experience with Amazon EKS.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technology or approach.
• Proven ability to present high level concepts to executives.
• Certified Cloud Architect of a leading Cloud provider (e.g., AWS, Azure).
• Experience with Asset management business.