Lead Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Lead Software Engineer position to support our Multi-Strategy investment business. With billions of dollars in assets under management, we have several investment teams that engage in multi-manager, multi-asset and custom solutions; managing various outcome oriented, factor, alternative risk premia and thematic portfolios on behalf of clients. The teams also provide bespoke research and advice across various topics such as asset allocation, fundamental factors, thematic investing and manager research. Our portfolio construction process involves allocations across equities, bonds, rates, currencies, and commodities, on a global basis, using both derivatives and physical securities.
We are building out an entirely new investment platform to support all investors. This position will focus on building out multi-manager, multi-asset portfolio construction & research capabilities within the platform. The platform leverages the best of breed technologies including AWS, React, and NodeJS. The individual will provide technology to the firm's talented community of investors, pursuing projects from idea generation & prototyping, to validation and production, with encouragement to use innovative techniques in solving business problems. This is a great opportunity for an experienced full-stack developer to join a strong, collaborative team and apply technical expertise in a role with leadership and advancement opportunities. The individual will be responsible for leading the UI development and designing a robust system that interacts effectively with other internal systems and provides an efficient user experience for our business.
This position requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with our other technology partners across the department, and an ability to deliver in a fast paced and evolving environment. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication and delivery skills are required.
- Lead the delivery of high-quality business solutions using the latest technologies
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle: architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support
- Work with the product owner, analysts and other software engineers to review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Provide guidance to the UI developers on UI/UX design and establish dev best practices
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for performance
- Ensure the adherence to established code-quality standards within the development and QA teams, such as Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, and all required release documentation
- Work with product owner and analysts in setting priorities for development team on completion of requests or resolution of issues.
- Oversee the work of offshore developers and help mentor & advise other developers on the team
- Work across various IT teams to coordinate and facilitate infrastructure upgrades, disaster recovery testing, and cross-functional projects
- Author architecture, technical design, and support documentation
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience as a full-stack developer specializing in UI development
- Experience developing web applications and services using REST, HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic
- Self-starter and able to adapt to new technologies and frameworks easily
- Must be comfortable with test-driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies using tools like GIT, Artifactory, and Jenkins.
- Experience operating in a DevOps environment application with cloud technologies such as AWS, is a plus.
- Experience working with Python or any data visualization tools such as Bokeh or Jupyter Notebooks, is a plus.
- Collaborative; can work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment
- Experience in Financial Industry is preferred
Lead Software Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .