Lead Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Wellington seeks an experienced professional in the areas of both Project Management and Business Systems Analysis to join our team in overseeing a strategic multi-year initiative around Derivatives. The Derivatives 2.0 Program is a large scale, multi-year program consisting of significant investment in technology and business process change across all functions of the firm. The Derivative 2.0 Program's goals are centered on advancing all aspects of the firm's capabilities and capacity to support growth in our derivatives investments on behalf of our clients.
The Lead Systems Analyst will participate in all aspects of program and project delivery for the Derivatives 2.0 Program as well as lead the requirements, analysis and system design and testing for key projects in this program and beyond. In this role the individual will work with project managers, business analysts, software developers and quality assurance engineers to define technical solutions for implementing business requirements and see them through to completion. These strategic initiatives require a strong focus on detail and cross-team collaboration to support system integration with Portfolio Construction, Trading and Accounting applications.
This position requires a high level of interaction with the business users as well as excellent communication and delivery skills within Technology. The candidate should have experience supporting finance professionals and familiarity with financial derivatives domain knowledge.
This role will report into the Derivatives Technology team and is based in Boston, MA. Responsibilities
This is a unique opportunity to play a key leadership role in oversight, coordination, and delivery of a critical multi-year program. The role consists of the following activities:
- Program oversight, coordination, and communication, including:
- Creating communications and presentation materials relevant to stakeholder audiences of all levels
- Keeping a pulse on status, risks, and issues across multiple projects within the program
- Collaborating on prioritization decisions with the Program team and the Director of Derivatives Platform
- Assisting with annual budget planning cycle and tracking spend and progress against the program budget and goals
- Ownership of cross-functional project delivery for key projects within the program, including:
- Facilitating cross-functional project delivery which span multiple teams with myriad dependencies and risks
- Liaising closely with both business stakeholders and other IT Business Systems Analysts for developing solution design, requirements, and business process change towards achieving important business outcomes
- Identifying and mitigating cross-team risks, issues, and dependencies
- Collaboration with several development teams for project delivery
- Initial project responsibilities may include buy vs. build assessment and end state vision design for strategic collateral platform
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
- Minimum 7+ years' experience as a technology Project Manager with a Business Systems Analyst background in the Asset Management industry
- Proven track record of overseeing and delivering large scale cross-functional projects
- Strong program and/or project management skills for initiatives involving multiple teams and interdependencies
- Ability to learn business and technical concepts quickly in order to facilitate and help drive solution design
- Excellent analytical skills in working with both business and IT stakeholders for devising solutions to meet business needs
- Self-starter who can largely operate independently
- Strong working knowledge of software development lifecycle including agile practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills adaptive to diverse stakeholder groups
- Derivatives domain and collateral & margin knowledge strongly preferred
Lead Systems Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .