Lead Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
This position is within our Client and Fund Technology team, which is focused on our client-facing technology. Our solutions are used not only by clients, but also by our Relationship Managers, Investment Directors, and Client Service Managers. The team uses off-the-shelf and proprietary solutions to create agile and robust solutions.
We are seeking a lead systems analyst with 8 plus years of experience, with key capabilities being oversight of mid to large projects revolving around data analysis, strategic thinking, analytical rigor, communication skills, organization, and problem solving.
As member of the team, this individual will be building strategic solutions with a concentration in systems analysis for the development of client reporting, tools and new technologies. The selected individual will work closely with our global Sales, Client Servicing, and Product Management teams to define the project charter and manage and align resources to accomplish the end goal. The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to assimilate technical and business concepts quickly and manage multiple competing priorities. The role requires a well-rounded and experienced individual, who can work well with end users.
Applicants would be responsible for the following:
- Lead the delivery of the mid to large scale data intensive client reporting programs, including business architecture, design, integration, standards, testing and support.
- Partner with business and IT teams to help enable the development life cycle.
- Design, prototype, and manage delivery of integration patterns across a variety of use cases including data pipelines, analytics, and data lakes.
- Support the business analyst team by educating and participating in discussions with data stewards and other data owners across the Firm.
- Act as the thought leader on standardizing and rationalization data requirements across custom requirements and takes a keen interest in data designs and modeling with a vision to make client reporting nimble but maintainable.
Applicants should possess the following:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject.
- CFA charter or progress towards a CFA is a plus
- Significant business analysis or systems analysis experience in the investment management or broader financial services sector.
- Strong understanding of Fixed Income, Derivative, Equity instruments and analytic systems and data of Investment Vehicle/Reporting environment.
- Strong understanding of a buy side back office accounting portfolio systems and the client life cycle.
- Technical proficiency to support a cross-technology production environment and should be adept in writing SQL commands and navigating relational databases to resolve investment data issues.
- Strong SQL query skills and experience with Oracle/SQL Server relational databases and tools.
- Strong domain expertise using third party market data applications such as Factset, Bloomberg or Morningstar.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in one of the following vendor reporting solutions; OBIEE, Tableau, Jasper, JSON.
Lead Systems Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .