Liquidity Strategy Vice President
Who we are looking for
Global Liquidity Management (GLM) is part of the Global Treasury organization with responsibility managing the firm's liquidity risk. A primary focus of GLM is to analyze, measure, and report on the liquidity position and liquidity risk profile in order to ensure that State Street and its international entities can meet all contractual and contingent financial obligations through typical market cycles as well as periods of stress. Through meaningful, timely, transparent, multidimensional and globally harmonized measures, GLM provides key stakeholders the necessary transparency and understanding of the liquidity position, its risks and how liquidity can be affected and influenced.
As part of GLM, the Vice President of Liquidity Strategy and Optimization (LSO) will be responsible for identifying and developing liquidity optimization actions and for working closely with the balance sheet strategy team to influence the liquidity profile of the firm. Other key responsibilities will include working closely with regulators to respond to ad hoc requests as well as to develop a framework for responding to annual reviews. A critical part of liquidity management is the ability to work with large data sets and an ideal candidate will have familiarity with banking reporting systems and ability to identify, extract, and analyze relevant data. This position will be a critical member of the LSO management team and will be responsible for employee development, project management and support on key liquidity initiatives. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As the Vice President of Liquidity and Strategy you will
About State Street What we do.
- Manage liquidity optimization efforts with business units to improve the liquidity footprint of the firm
- Engage various stakeholders and communicate key updates and analyses to senior management
- Manage communications with US regulators
- Manage the CLAR engagement, develop response materials, and drive remediation of findings
- Provide thought leadership on liquidity framework enhancements and risk management
- Work closely with the second line of defense to respond to and remediate findings
- Coordinate with Balance Sheet Strategy on Funds Transfer Pricing methodology
- Review the liquidity impact of new business proposals
- Support Recovery and Resolution Planning efforts
- Collaborate with IT and data owners to develop reporting and conduct trend analysis
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Extensive knowledge of liquidity regulations and requirements
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and key reporting tools (i.e. Spotfire)
- Strong written, verbal communication and time management skills
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues by working with other areas within Global Tresury and business lines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5-10 years of experience in treasury, strategy, consulting or related field
- Masters degree or CFA is preferred
- Prior experience working with banking regulators/regulation
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, work independently while maintaining attention to detail and meet deadlines in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment
- Experience in preparing presentations for executive management and regulators
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, innovative, and a self-starter and team player with a high level of initiative
- Strong collaboration skills, working with business partners, risk functions, and corporate audit
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers