Managing Director - Global Services CFO
CFO - Global Services The Business
State Street Global Services is the asset servicing division of State Street Corporation. The Role
The CFO will lead the financial support for a business unit, group of business units or segment of a business unit or function. The CFO will become the business partner to the business head(s) or function head (s) responsible for the identified businesses or functions. The position is responsible for monthly and quarterly financial performance review including key financial metrics and detailed sequential and year over year analysis to support business heads and the company through earnings release.
The CFO will leverage a team of direct reports and the Finance Insight Centers for performance review analysis and support relating to direct revenue and expense, as well as indirect revenue and expense allocations, pipeline analysis, initiative tracking (business initiatives), balance sheet analysis (deposits and ROC), new business and product pricing, client and product profitability and client reporting. The CFO is expected to present information to appropriate levels of management in a clear and concise manner.
The responsibilities of this role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Strategic analysis and decision support to the business/functional heads
- Leverage the insight center for Planning, forecasting and analysis for the identified business/function, including advising and consulting to the business heads or functional heads
- Forecasting and rest of year risks and opportunities with potential levers, including providing insight to forecast and future performance
- Prepare routine performance reviews and other ad hoc requests for the Management Committee member, MC-1 business partner and Central Finance as required.
- Point of contact for any financial analytics or analysis required by the respective line of business or corporate function head.
- Oversee the preparation of analysis, commentary and presentation material for financial reviews with senior management.
- Support and advise the strategic planning process in conjunction with the business or functional head
- Maintain relationships and oversight of geographically dispersed finance support teams (i.e. Insight Center, International finance and accounting teams) to ensure quality deliverables and proper information flow.
- Lead special projects, including financial modeling, business case development and follow up, market and flows analysis in conjunction with the Insights Center.
- Bachelor's and 12+ years of experience or Master's and 10+ years
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must possess strong communication skills and have the ability to drive results within the Business
- First or second level management expertise required
- Solid excel, access and PowerPoint skills including pivot tables
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry.