Municipal Bond Client Portfolio Manager
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Municipal Bond Client Portfolio Manager (CPM) role coordinates efforts with the investment team, product marketing, product management, product development and distribution to increase brand awareness and raise/maintain assets under management.
- Partner closely with Municipal Investment teams/leads and act as a proxy Portfolio Manager. Meet with clients, prospects and/or intermediaries to explain the investment philosophy, process and performance of specific investment products.
- Provide updates on the municipal bond as well as overall fixed income market to internal partners and external clients.
- Create timely sales stories that resonate with our wholesalers and clients. Develop content for white papers and blogs. Conduct sales training on strategies covered and ensure accurate and compelling messaging across all marketing materials.
- Develop and implement new/existing product strategies which include the identification of advisor/client needs and industry trends.
- Maintains strong relationships with intermediary sales, institutional sales, national accounts, compliance, product and marketing and other business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong municipal bond knowledge and demonstrated track record of success in raising assets.
- 10+ years financial services experience, preferably in product management, client portfolio management, or portfolio management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience writing financial market commentary and creating compelling presentations as well as Sales Ideas.
- Demonstrated success influencing senior leaders across a matrix internal environment, as well as third parties.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills to solve complex problems and identify new product solutions.
- CFA preferred.