Municipal Credit Research Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the global asset management subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking a Municipal Credit Research Analyst to be based in Boston, MA.
* Conduct credit research on a broad range of investment grade and noninvestment grade tax-exempt securities, with an emphasis on state and local governments.
* Produce concise, actionable written research and verbally articulate credit strengths/weaknesses and relative value recommendations to portfolio managers and traders.
* Surveil portfolio of assigned credits and monitor sector trends.
* Participate on client calls discussing municipal credit trends and specific security attributes.
* Bachelor's degree.
* 5-7 years of municipal credit research experience.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to quickly analyze credit quality and respond to requests in a timely manner.
* Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform credit analysis, including proficiency with software tools such as Word and Excel.
* Experience analyzing charter schools.