Officer, Fund Accounting
This is a senior level management role within the Private Equity Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group.
The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally and with senior level executives of State Street. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of managing multiple and diverse assignments. The position is responsible for managing departments experiencing significant growth.
- Provide overall direction to department managers and subordinate staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial and operations goals and objectives.
- Responsible for development and execution of overall business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Manage relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street.
- Manage relationships with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff. Address employee concerns and sensitivities.
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to managers and staff within span of control.
- Responsible for developing department budget and staffing projections. Completes staffing proposals for newly awarded business.
- Monitors and approves department expenses.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
- Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities and better meet client needs.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
- Represent the organization internally and externally as a senior level executive of State Street.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Allocates and coordinates resources including staff allocation, space and procurement of necessary equipment.
- Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and task force assignments.
- Provide leadership in areas outside of the division.
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required). MBA and/or CPA are a plus.
- 6 or more years of previous accounting and/or financial service operations experience, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience.
- Solid business unit management specifically in the private equity industry is required.