Operational Data Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Client Operational Data within the InvesTech Group has an open position for an Operational Data Analyst based out of the Boston office supporting the Client Operational Data team. The Operational Data Analyst will report to Chris Tringali.
Data quality and governance is critical to ensuring that our client reporting is consistent and accurate. It is also key to our firm's ability to use technology to streamline our processes and create efficiencies and scalability. To that end, the dedicated Client Operational Data team, within InvesTech, is responsible for ensuring that we provide consistent, accurate data to our clients, as well as develop and oversee the governance structure around the data feeding into our reporting.
The Operational Data Analyst will play an integral role in defining the scope of responsibilities for the Client Operation Data team, as well as help to define future processes and workflows. Initially, the role will be heavily project oriented as we aim to prepare reporting data to be used in a new platform supporting private investments. Focus will also initially be on defining and implementing new data governance structures for our client platform. The future state of the role will be to support the complex data needs of InvesTech and to ensure our continued ability to efficiently source and consistently report data to clients, prospects, and consultants.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Continue effort to document data required for fund and product reporting specific to private investments clients in tandem with their roll-out onto the Dynamo platform
- Collect, catalog, and define all types of client-facing reporting related to Private Investments clients and prospects
- Work with IT and Dynamo team to add new data elements and seed data into Dynamo and OneView for use in standard and ad-hoc client and prospect reporting
- Consult with other project teams utilizing OneView data to avoid duplication of efforts (e.g., WAI website, Dynamo, Private Investment Working Group)
- Work with Product Reporting Analysts and IPFS on data rationalization to eliminate manual manipulations and reduce unnecessary data customizations
- Provide business requirements to IT for required reporting and functionality
- Develop creative, rapid solutions using existing reporting tools and data sources to assist with a variety of custom client requests
- Assess cost of custom data requests; partner with Client Group, IPFS, and Client Services Management to determine where we can gain efficiencies
- Maintenance of approach, product, and client reporting preferences in RCM to automate legitimate customizations
- Catalog maintenance, clean-up, holistic assessment of existing catalogs, and creation of new virtual catalogs used for security classifications and data aggregations
- Work with data owners and IT to create and improve data sources and reports
- Facilitate the resolution of data issues between reporting teams and data owners
- Work with source data business and IT teams on changes in technology to assess impact on reporting and facilitate integrations
- Support and maintenance of self-service data reporting templates
- Provide complex, non-standard data to client reporting teams for use in deliverables and responses to ad hoc requests
- Assist in efficiently sourcing external data into OneView (e.g., FactSet data)
- Provide oversight for data governance structure in OneView
- Expertise in the set-up and publication of OneView Sheets
- Continue working with InvesTech and IT to add new data elements into OneView as required and approved for reporting
The ideal candidate will have strong academic credentials, ideally including progress towards a post-graduate and/or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CFA or equivalent), as well as a minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant experience in the investment industry. Candidates should demonstrate a high level of capital markets/investment/product knowledge, ideally across multiple asset classes, as well as experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, characteristics, AUM, security classifications, performance, and attribution. A background in client-facing reporting is a plus.
Candidates must be strategic thinkers with the ability to see the big picture and assess the downstream impact of their work and decisions, in addition to being able to execute detailed processes and respond to complex requests. Sound business judgment, attention to detail, flexibility, responsiveness, and creative problem-solving are also a must. The role will require an ability to work with business partners on cost/benefit analyses of requests and therefore, strong relationship building and interpersonal communication skills in combination with the ability to push back tactfully will be critical for success.
Given the focus on data automation and technology, the candidate must be able to act as a bridge between business and IT teams, as well as conduct analysis and provide business requirements for technology projects. Strong quantitative and computer skills (including Excel, proprietary, and vendor tools) are absolutely required. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Operational Data Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .