Operations Supervisor - Cash Services
This position in Cash Services is responsible to supervise, assign, and direct distribution and processing activities of valuables by optimizing staff resources, inventory levels, and machine utilization strategies in order to meet deadlines, while achieving internal performance metrics (quality, cost, efficiency and effectiveness).
1. Provide coaching, mentoring, motivation and performance assessment for staff relative to high quality standards, stringent procedures, controls, hardware and software upgrades, compliance, strict attendance requirements, challenging productivity goals, all the while promoting an inclusive environment.
2. Create, communicate, and maintain quality control policies and work procedures to ensure strict adherence to a set of defined rules and regulations.
3. Identify and implement solutions that optimizes daily production opportunities, addresses risk management weaknesses, maximizes staff resources, and enhances employee-focused initiatives that drive engagement and growth.
4. Work with customers and vendors within the cash supply chain to ensure adherence to service levels and contractual obligations.
5. Research, clarify, and resolve routine to complex operational problems across multiple work processes that include but is not limited to machine issues, inventory management, customer transactions, accounting and settlement activity.
6. Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
7. Coordinate with other management staff in ensuring overall department goals are met.
8. Assist with the development, coordination, and implementation of cross-functional projects that may involve software upgrades, equipment installations, changes in business processes, etc.
9. Execute on business resumption plans to ensure cash distribution continuity during periods of crisis (i.e natural disasters, political unrest, or other events)
10. Provide support to FRB Boston, Board of Governors, Treasury and other external auditors in their examination of Cash Settlement, Currency Destruction and Cash Accounting records
11. Maintain a safe work environment
This position is required to directly supervise 1-9 employees.
Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Management and a minimum of 3-5 years of job-related experience.
Experience supervising diverse teams in production, manufacturing, or supply chain distribution environments.
Proven ability to lead and develop team members in meeting goals and objectives. Must be results oriented.
Possess risk management or procedural compliance experience
Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships, and influence individuals at varying all levels internally and externally.
Strong teamwork, analytical and problem solving skills
Strong time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities
Solid command of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.