Performance Analyst (GIPS)
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Performance Analyst (GIPS)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Performance Services is responsible for the oversight and analysis of performance, attribution, benchmarks and composites across all asset classes. The GIPS Team has oversight responsibilities with respect to the Firm's policies and procedures for compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) including composite management and analysis.
The GIPS Analyst role on the GIPS Team works closely with Product Management, Marketing and Compliance to oversee all composites in support of the Firm's marketing efforts. Maintaining tight controls over this critical function is necessary to ensure the Firm remains compliant with the GIPS standards. The GIPS Team acts in a consulting manner for questions around interpreting the GIPS standards including composite construction, GIPS-compliant presentation content, investment discretion, and client guideline changes to name a few. The individual will have a seat on the firm's GIPS Working Group, whose goals are to review all composite requests for approval, opine on some of the more challenging topics and develop institutional policies around our composite construction, creation of GIPS-compliant presentations, and oversight. This effort requires the development of an understanding of the various investment approaches offered by the Firm.
- Develop and maintain expertise around the GIPS standards including guidance statements and Q&A put forth by the CFA Institute as well as industry knowledge from verifiers; evaluate, interpret and implement changes to the standards and make the appropriate recommendations for the Firm's GIPS policies;
- Create and maintain the GIPS-compliant presentations, including side-by-side composite reviews with Product Management and Sponsored Products, and updates required based on GIPS Working Group decisions;
- Develop robust knowledge of products in order to work with Product Management on composite performance, construction, and disclosures and provide guidance on possible solutions within the framework of GIPS;
- Participate in the monthly GIPS Working Group meetings by writing and presenting materials for discussion, asking thoughtful questions, delivering recommendations and implementing decisions;
- Composite construction and membership integrity, including composite descriptions, benchmark mappings and disclosures, non-discretionary accounts reviews, monitoring account opening and closings, and evaluating the impact of client guideline changes
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures on composite oversight; seek opportunities to improve the workflow, infrastructure and communication with Product Management and Marketing;
- Manage long-term projects including systems and infrastructure enhancements and the annual GIPS verification.
The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
- Ability to interpret the GIPS standards by drawing on practical experience and provide guidance for composite construction, investment discretion, risk disclosures and benchmark appropriateness; demonstrated knowledge of GIPS-compliant presentations and industry practice;
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tactical and strategic goals in a fast-paced environment; comfortable with changing priorities based on business demand;
- Demonstrated analytical skills and investment curiosity; the ability to draw out and understand the key differences of various investment approaches; ensure these key differences are reflected in GIPS-compliant presentations;
- Effective oral and written communication skills; the ability to deliver complex information objectively for open discussion and follow up with an opinion or recommendation;
- Desire to work collaboratively within and across teams to support and enhance the control framework and communication around composite membership;
- Strong attention to detail, strong work ethic, comfort with learning new systems and the ability to present information concisely and effectively;
- Knowledge of asset allocation, fixed income, and/or equity, asset classes is preferred;
- Strong academic credentials; CFA, CIPM and/or MBA preferred;
- Four to Eight years or more of relevant experience is preferred.
Performance Analyst (GIPS)
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .