Seeking a Boston-based Portfolio Manager to join our Long/Short (L/S) team. This senior position improves our ability to manage the existing long/short strategies and contributes to our effort in identifying potential new strategy opportunities. The Portfolio Manager will contribute to hands-on research of drivers of performance and positioning of L/S strategies, as well as help coordinate the research effort across the L/S team and Acadian’s broader research team. Additionally, this Portfolio Manager will help coordinate efforts related to the further growth of the L/S strategies. We expect the Portfolio Manager to be involved in external representation of Acadian’s L/S strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a solid understanding of the drivers of portfolio performance and positioning across the entire range of L/S strategies
- In-depth knowledge of drivers of portfolio performance and positioning, models, and all aspects of portfolio construction to generate model/process improvement ideas
- Leverage the firm’s research resources (L/S, Global Equity Research, Portfolio Construction, etc.), to execute complex research projects while also being able to work independently
- Contribute to enhancing the L/S attribution framework
- Articulate research results to the L/S team, research and investment teams, and senior management
- Explain our research, investment process, and results to prospects and clients. Support the marketing and client service efforts by providing necessary investment information to the relevant external-facing teams as necessary.
- Provide regular investment commentary for the L/S suite of funds
- Work in close collaboration with other teams (Hedge Fund Operations, IT, Client Reporting, etc.) to continue to strengthen all operational aspects of the L/S business
We’re Looking for Teammates With:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, computer science or a related field; master’s degree and/or CFA is strongly preferred
- 10+ years of prior work experience, preferably in quantitative investing/research
- Strong programming skills (Python preferred) and experience working with visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlik
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics and experience working with large data sets (3rd party and proprietary)
- World-class analytical skills and the ability to clearly articulate the approach, process and results in verbal, graphical and written form
- Willingness and ability to work in a collegial, results-oriented environment – must be a strong team player
- Interest in following financial markets and a strong quantitative orientation for investing
- Drive to deliver on high value projects and a roll up your sleeves attitude
- Travel will be required up to 20-30% of the time
Why work here:
Acadian is a quantitative investment firm where ideas are empowered by technology. Our team is made up of a diverse mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency.
- Casual office environment. Casual dress code everyday (not just Fridays!) The kitchens are stocked with free snacks and drinks.
- Better Benefits. Get quality medical, dental and vision insurance; Paid leave bank of 20 days; Profit Sharing; Tuition & Health Club Reimbursement.
- Opportunities to Develop Personally & Professionally. We promote local volunteerism and organize hands-on opportunities throughout the year. Work side-by-side with some of the industry’s most admired professionals.
To apply for this position or view Acadian’s open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at https://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/job-opportunities. We will contact only selected candidates.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.