- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Pricing Analyst is responsible for the overall pricing process within Portfolio Data as it applies to Fixed Income, exchange traded Equities and Derivatives, as well as currencies. The candidate will perform security pricing and quality control functions on a daily basis while working with internal clients and market data vendors to improve the Firm's pricing process. The candidate has a strong sense of responsibility, teamwork, and an energetic approach to process improvement. The role requires an individual who can work well independently, is a problem solver, and is knowledgeable of departmental and company responsibilities. We are looking for someone who is passionate about valuation, stays abreast on topics within the security pricing industry as well as vendor initiatives and is knowledgeable of different security types, systems, tools and workflows.
- Execute daily validation procedures, ensuring the integrity and consistency of pricing data across multiple platforms
- Timely, accurate, and thorough support of complex and routine inquiries initiated by portfolio mgmt, trading, performance, and fund admin teams
- Exhibit expertise in multiple security types and pricing methodologies
- Interact with third party vendors and brokers to resolve pricing related issues
- Assist manager, team and department in the development of improvement ideas to create utilities needed to validate and research data issues, increase productivity, and enhance client satisfaction
- Assist in developing data management tools that will help the team proactively identify trends within the valuation space, share that content throughout the firm, and enhance the oversight of our pricing vendors
- Identification, ownership and resolution of business and systems issues
- The candidate is required to have a Bachelor's degree with relevant financial services industry experience
- Exhibits a proactive nature and approach to learning, problem identification and problem resolution
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and the ability to think and work independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Quick learner with ability to apply business and industry knowledge
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to succeed and the ability to self-motivate and motivate others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace work environment
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .