Principal, Derivatives Platform Implementation Management
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are seeking to recruit a Principal on the Derivatives Platform Implementation Management team to play a critical role in the ongoing evolution of Wellington's derivatives platform. This newly created role will be the point of contact for derivatives-related issues/requests from clients, investors, trading, etc. that have cross-functional impact and be responsible for assisting with the assessment, prioritization, and, ultimately, implementation of those prioritized requests. This role will also be responsible for the implementation of strategic process and technology initiatives in support of the multiyear overhaul of Wellington's derivatives platform. This will require day-to-day coordination with many functions across the firm including Investment Teams, Global Trading, Client Services, Portfolio Services, Legal & Compliance, and Information Technology. This role will be based in Boston, MA and will report to and work closely with the Manager of Derivatives Platform Implementation within Portfolio Services.
Responsibilities Internal and External Relationships
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal Investment and Trading teams as well as external market participants to understand latest derivative instrument developments and implementation best practices.
- Establish and maintain a new derivatives instrument prioritization process, including consensus building, decision-making, and escalation and transparency protocols; track/maintain priority queue.
- Partner with leads within each function to assess impact of derivative trends, serve as point-person for new requests and issues, and lead the analysis, design and implementation of cross functional changes.
- Work closely with IT partners and the IT Priorities Committee (ITPC) to drive strategic derivatives IT initiatives.
- Assist with conducting assessment of new requests for derivative instruments or solutions from clients, investors, trading, etc. and coordinate work with Manager, Derivatives Platform Implementation Management and other domain experts to prioritize requests.
- Work directly with market-facing Legal Counsel for US, EMEA, AsiaPac and Compliance teams to understand impact and requirements of new/changing regulations and market structure.
- Assist with driving implementation of cross-functional projects for both strategic and tactical initiatives and new/changing regulations.
- Work with IT and business teams to resolve high priority, cross-functional issues.
- Partner with functional business teams to define and maintain end-to-end, future state workflows and associated roles and responsibilities.
- Partner with IT to define and maintain end-to-end, future state application architecture.
- Participate in developing and maintaining derivatives usage reporting.
- Support Manager of Derivatives Platform Implementation on ad hoc requests.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within the buy-side, sell-side, or management consulting industries.
- Experience with derivatives business or derivatives related projects.
- Experience participating in change/transformation programs.
- Strong business analysis skills including ability to coordinate amongst both business and IT teams to assess issues/requests and develop detailed solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with and influence a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong academic credentials, MBA/CFA/CAIA preferred.
Principal, Derivatives Platform Implementation Management LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .