Principal Systems Support Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 07 Nov 17 2017-11-07
See job description for details
The Expertise We're Looking For
- A Bachelor's degree or related work experience in a similar role is required
- Strong operational support background with at least 3-5 years of experience
- Prior experience supporting real time mission critical applications and infrastructure
- Familiarity with Linux administration functions and commands
- Hands on knowledge of networking topology and protocols
The Purpose of Your Role
Reporting to the Director of Production Support, The Production Support Engineer will provide technical and operational support for the Luminex Trading platforms in both the primary and secondary production locations.
The Skills You Bring
- Your proven ability to improve support processes and customer experience.
- Your demonstrated technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Your customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction.
- Your excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Your experience and knowledge with shell scripting and program languages
- Your prior experience providing Financial Trading Support is considered a plus
The Value You Deliver
- Monitoring, escalating, documenting and resolving production related issues
- Providing hardware / software configuration and installation
- Supporting trading applications and infrastructure
- Conducting and documenting Disaster Recovery tests, strategies and procedures
- Maintaining documentation for all procedures, ensuring that procedures meet best practices and are kept up to date
- Providing vendor relationship management
- Sharing knowledge and resolving issues escalated through technical operations
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
This role provides support to Luminex Trading & Analytics which is a consortium of nine investment management firms offering low-cost trading and superior execution quality with minimal information leakage by interacting only with venue-approved participants. The collaborative approach seeks to improve trust, liquidity, and control, and help buy side traders execute large block trades with little market impact.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.