Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
This is a great opportunity for someone to join us as junior Programmer Analyst. The candidate should have a strong technical background and be able to navigate through databases and multi-tiered application code to make changes and enhancements to existing systems. The candidate designs and develops application solutions using Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Data Quality, and other data integration applications within on-premise and Cloud environments. Responsible for estimating effort, development and unit testing of the applications, and communicating the project status to manager. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carries out programming functions. Writes, debugs, codes and tests program modules following best practices
- Meets with managers or project leaders to define systems needs and to design applications.
- Meets with users to gather information on systems-related needs.
- Collaborates with other developers using Agile methodologies.
- Provide production support for existing systems.
- Maintains and improves previously released software.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Sciences preferred.
- One to two years programming experience preferred; however qualified recent graduates will be considered.
- Coding skills in one or more of the following preferred: SQL, Python, Java, Informatica Powercenter.
- Knowledge of Cloud data integration applications is desirable.
- Relational database knowledge required.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server preferred.
- Strong written and oral communications skilled required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Basic knowledge of financial services industry preferred.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."