As part of the Central Bank of the United States, the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston works to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation, and to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the countrys financial system. The Banks Real Estate Services Group (RESG) contributes to this mission by managing and maintaining the Banks real estate and related assets and providing both Bank staff and prestigious tenant firms with timely, effective, and cost-efficient building services through best business practices and innovative technology. RESG staff run the gamut from building engineers to space designers, project managers to business analysts. We believe our employees are our greatest asset.
We offer an enviable employee value proposition: in compensation; a comprehensive benefits package; a fully-funded pension plan and a 401k match, as well as tuition reimbursement and free membership in our state-of-the-art onsite fitness facility.
Reporting to the Business Services Manager, the Project Analyst plays an important role within RESG. The Project Analyst works closely with RESGs Directors of Capital Projects and Facilities Operations and their teams to gain a holistic understanding of all building-related projects taking place, supporting these projects from start to finish. This will include, but is not limited to, tracking upcoming projects in the pipeline, submitting project specifications and other necessary documentation to FRBs Procurement department and working closely with all involved to ensure the procurement process follows the set timelines, maintaining databases of contract information with vendors, and using that information to ensure that all invoices received are in line with contract terms. This role will also be required to provide project analytical support to the Project Managers and the Sr. Business Services Analyst, including project reports, project budget analysis, preparation of project updates to be provided to the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, project Gantt charts, energy project tracking (ROI, payback, incentive management), and other project-related tasks as needed.
1. Compile and execute all Requests for Proposals/Quotes (RFP/RFQs), Summary of Contract Terms (SCTs), Purchase Orders (POs), contract amendments, and all purchasing/procurement documentation for RESGs Engineering and Operation units. Develop RFP/RFQs using scope of work provided and monitor entire procurement process to ensure RFP is bid within specified timeframe. Play key role as RESG liaison to Procurement Department. Track projects throughout the procurement life cycle and provide updates to management as needed.
2. Support procurement process by entering purchase requisitions into system, creating contract abstracts (SCTs), and requesting rate sheets from vendors as necessary. Maintain documentation for contracts, expenses, purchase orders, and invoices.
3. Work closely with Project Managers and RESG Senior Business Services Analyst to ensure project timelines and spend are in line with anticipated budget; make recommendations on updates to budget and timeline as needed.
4. Provide project updates to Directors of Building Operations and Capital and Engineering in the form of reports, PowerPoint presentations, and project Gantt charts as needed.
5. Review all RESG invoices for project-related work to ensure rates and scope of work are in line with contract terms. Investigate and resolve any inconsistencies in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment for vendors. Track invoice inconsistencies and issues for analysis.
6. Assist Senior Business Services Analyst with analysis of spending impacts on revenues, depreciation budgeting and forecasting, and other analysis as needed.
Perform other duties, as assigned. Comply with all Bank and department policies and procedures.
This position is not required to directly supervise others.
Knowledge and Experience
This position requires a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 1-2 years related experience.
The successful candidate possesses a unique mix of analytic, organizational, communication (verbal and written) and relationship management skills.
· Must have superior attention to detail.
· Must have expert proficiency in MS Office.
· Must have a successful track record of working both independently and collaboratively within and across departments and teams.
· Familiarity with payments systems, web-based applications, or Federal Reserve business operations desirable.
· Excellent customer relations skills and experience.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.